Adventures of DaKoo the Dragon Greenlit on Steam!!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:54 am

@ revvin
Thanks, this is my first game so I have made a ton of mistakes. I will definitely look over the walk anim. I really love all the critiques, DaKoo would still be tiled art if not for the opinions in this thread. I just hope all that commented can see how much their suggestions have helped! Thanks for your criticism, they are much appreciated as well!

The backgrounds came about after Tom posted his blog post. I have always loved rayman, and Don Bluth animation, so after his blog post I re did everything, no more tiles. I now use a collage of images to make the layouts:) and this has cut the memory usage down to one third. Only drawbacks are the time it takes for each one:)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:16 pm

They do look superb mate :) And I love all the old Don Bluth stuff. Hoping one day somebody will remake Titan A.E. with a big budget :D Or Secret of Nimh....
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks again. Have to say the Secret of Nimh is my favorite animated movie of all time and even would make my top ten list:)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 am

That's so cool :) nobody I know had any idea what that film is and look at me funny when I mention it. Glad to hear of somebody else that loved it too :)
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 am

UPDATED January 27, 2015

Dakoo has been Greenlit!

First off I have to say thank you to everyone that voted for, left comments or spent anytime looking at DaKoo. Without Construct 2 I don't know if I would be making games right now, so special thanks to Ashley and Tom, the Scirra team!! And all the people on the forums that have helped, ramones, cranberrygame, russpuppy, rexrainbow, R0J0hound and eli0s, just to name a few. Thank you!!

Please check out http://www.dakoogame.com if you haven't already, there you can see the trailer@ 60fps and read my very first blog post. Over the next while I'll be posting a lot more. Lots of things have been changed since I last posted an update. Major art changes, more characters. More bad guys and smarter bosses, are just a few of the changes.

I still really want to get as much feed back as possible before the final trailer is made, so I've also posted the a YouTube link bellow(sorry embedded videos are no longer working), but it only runs @24fps so I suggest using the homepage listed above. Adventures of DaKoo the Dragon has more than 100 levels, more randomized events to give the game more extended playability and I'm finishing up on a few more new things that I haven't announced yet. The game is nearing it's completion. If you haven't already, please check out the Facebook page.

You can see the trailer running @60 fps at
Adventures of DaKoo Trailer

New Format trailer (available in 720p)
Watch on youtube

Adventures of DaKoo on Steam Greenlight. Please check it out...
Link to Steam Greenlight

Facebook link

Please feel free to comment and critique, they would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for watching

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:41 am

Very cool. I hadn't seen this before. Impressive!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:30 am

Looks interesting :D Congrats on greenlight aswell!
"Look Alive..."
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:39 pm

thank you, there have been a bunch of improvements as well. I'll be posting more of the changes over the next few weeks:)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:57 pm

I've made some changes to DaKoo. Removed the line art, added shoes and increased his hand size by about 50%. Check out this screen, let me know what you think...

DaKoo now has Twitter, https://twitter.com/DaKoo_Dragon Don't forget to Follow us. New screens and info will be posted everyday!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 pm

More character art changes...Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations