After any advice or assistance

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • I am on the last stages of one of my creations & I am having a few difficulty's.

When I preview the game via Construct it is running fantastic, with no flaws.

However, I have recently just completed the LAN preview tutorial, which has allowed my self to test the game on a few mobile devices & tablets, yet on every other device in which I preview via LAN faults change.

The following issues are present when I display on a Samsung Note 2 Phone -

My icon image will load but it will skip my first layout page.

My high score does not work & displays "NaN".

After coming out of the store page by pressing the menu button, it will take me directly to the game.

During gameplay when the sprite is pressed to jump it will repeat the process its self straight after.

My sound buttons will flicker when pressed but wont work unless I double tap them.

Sound is extremely distorted

The following issues are present when I display on a Samsung Tablet -

My high score does not work & displays "NaN".

After coming out of the store page by pressing the menu button, it will take me directly to the game.

During gameplay when the sprite is pressed to jump it will repeat the process its self straight after.

My sound buttons will flicker when pressed but wont work unless I double tap them.

Sound has a slight delay.

The following issues are present when I display on a Samsung S4 Mini -

My high score displays the number 10 & does not work

Sound has a delay & is once again very distorted

Hopefully some one will have some advice or feedback etc, I am pretty new to this, & I cant understand why it works perfect via online preview & on a handheld it has errors.

Kind Regards Timmy

• Does these errors occur if you export your game, upload it somewhere and open it directly on these devices?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Glerikid, I haven't yet tried exporting the game & uploading it because of these errors, I was on the understanding that these errors would continue over if they presented themselves via testing on LAN

• Are you sure the "First layout" field in the Project settings is correct?

• Yeah, they seem to be ok

• Exporting as a website would at least let you run the browser console, which might show errors that are harder to see on a mobile device.

• ok, Il give that a shot & get back to you at some point, thank you

• Yeah, they seem to be ok

Ok check your projects settings here

• Also for your highscore did you use localstorage?

• Hi PixelPower my first Layout settings is the same.

I have used Local storage for both, coins, score & highscore.

Coins work fantastic, score works fantastic, just the highscore on a handheld device states "Nan" instead where testing from my pc it states the highscore

• Hi PixelPower my first Layout settings is the same.

I have used Local storage for both, coins, score & highscore.

Coins work fantastic, score works fantastic, just the highscore on a handheld device states "Nan" instead where testing from my pc it states the highscore

Did you use a custom font? I know that causes NAN issues. Otherwise if not do my highscore method.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5343/h ... -game-capx

• I suggested the export because it can show you that the problem either lies in the preview server or in your code.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)