Airconsole controller maker

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • This plugin will let you create controllers in Construct 2 by simply dragging and dropping them.

Example:

Demo

Download demo

Download (Includes the plugin , the cmd command, the pong demo and controller):

Download

Preview:

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTROLLER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Open pongcontroller.capx end export as HTML5 website to your localhost directory.

(Ex for Xampp: xampp\htdocs\pong\) - http://localhost/pong/

2- Copy Magicwand.cmd to xampp\htdocs\pong\.

3- Run Magicwand.cmd. It will do all the work for you.

[II] GAME

4-Open pong.capx and export as HTML5 website to your localhost directory.

5-Rename index.html to screen.html.

[III] TESTING

6- Make sure Xampp is running.

7- Visit http://www.airconsole.com/simulator/#de ... host/pong/.

You will need to log in with your gmail account so that Airconsole can get your name ( will be used as device nickname).

8- Thats it !

Credits to PsychoKiller1888 for the Airconsole plugin and the Pong demo.

Have fun customizing your controller! Remember that you can do anything with your controller ! Think out of the Box !

• Everything now is working fine.

• Great you used my updated pong exemple, good job!

In your demo, the controller don't seem to send the correct events though... The bars should stop moving when you stop pressing the controller arrows. So you need keyUp and keyDown events

Just a word to let you know that the controller generator is now compatible with Construct 2: https://developers.airconsole.com/tools ... dex.html#/

• Psychokiller1888 I've just added the On released conditions.

• Could you add accelerometer options? For example, as the occlusions of the Touch object. Thank you, and your plugin is amazing!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you add accelerometer options? For example, as the occlusions of the Touch object. Thank you, and your plugin is amazing!

I can't because it's not a feature of the Airconsole controller API, the

onDeviceMotion[/code:o7c6trqv] event resides in the main Airconsole API, so you need to contact 

Psychokiller1888 so that he implements it in his plugin.[/p] [/p] [url=https://developers.airconsole.com/api/api-1-6-0/AirConsole-Controller_Inputs.html]https://developers.airconsole.com/api/a ... nputs.html[/url]

• X3M Nice tool. I played a bit with it and it seems like the "on release triggers" are broken and a returns a javascript error. Just wanted to let you know

• > Could you add accelerometer options? For example, as the occlusions of the Touch object. Thank you, and your plugin is amazing!

>

I can't because it's not a feature of the Airconsole controller API, the

onDeviceMotion[/code:etsdoy2c] event resides in the main Airconsole API, so you need to contact 

Psychokiller1888 so that he implements it in his plugin.[/p] [/p] [url=https://developers.airconsole.com/api/api-1-6-0/AirConsole-Controller_Inputs.html]https://developers.airconsole.com/api/a ... nputs.html[/url][/p]

Will do, or at least in the new plugin

• Anonnymitet Investigating... (I didn't test them because of how lazy I am...)

Psychokiller1888 Roger

Edit: I screwed up the IDs, fixing ... Crap.

Plugin updated!

Sorry for the inconvience

• X3M,

Thank you for making this! This opens up a whole number of possibilities for gameplay. I am playing with the demo .capx now, and have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to change the images on buttons? Or should we just not include the image files (leaving the button invisible, but still active), and instead put sprites onscreen underneath the buttons?

2. Are the controls themselves HTML elements?

3. Is it possible to lock orientation to landscape?

• cjbruce

1- I'm figuring this out ... Have you tried triggering a message inside your condition ? Like on mouse click on sprite -> send message "up". ?

2- Yes

3- Fake it by rotating your controls 90 degrees and align them vertically so the the play is forced to hold the smart-phone horizontally.

• cjbruce

1- I'm figuring this out ... Have you tried triggering a message inside your condition ? Like on mouse click on sprite -> send message "up". ?

2- Yes

3- Fake it by rotating your controls 90 degrees and align them vertically so the the play is forced to hold the smart-phone horizontally.

X3M - You rock!

1. Working on it now. I'm building a simple screen.html to test.

2. Sounds good. Sometimes HTML elements get a little wonky on screen rotations for mobile devices, but hopefully this isn't an issue if I don't make the actual buttons themselves visible.

3. Will do. When I am normally writing a controller.html file, I set AirConsole.ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE in javascript. I don't have everything running yet, but I just wanted to make sure the controls rotate when I move the phone around.

• > Anonnymitet Investigating... (I didn't test them because of how lazy I am...)

> Psychokiller1888 Roger

>

> Edit: I screwed up the IDs, fixing ... Crap.

>

> Plugin updated!

>

> Sorry for the inconvience

>

Fantastic! Is there a download link for the updated plugin?

• > cjbruce

> 1- I'm figuring this out ... Have you tried triggering a message inside your condition ? Like on mouse click on sprite -> send message "up". ?

> 2- Yes

> 3- Fake it by rotating your controls 90 degrees and align them vertically so the the play is forced to hold the smart-phone horizontally.

>

X3M - You rock!

1. Working on it now. I'm building a simple screen.html to test.

2. Sounds good. Sometimes HTML elements get a little wonky on screen rotations for mobile devices, but hopefully this isn't an issue if I don't make the actual buttons themselves visible.

3. Will do. When I am normally writing a controller.html file, I set AirConsole.ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE in javascript. I don't have everything running yet, but I just wanted to make sure the controls rotate when I move the phone around.

Orientation is a little weird in portrait. The AirConsole logo is sideways, and on the side of the screen. I'm working on manually modifying c2runtimectrl.js to lock the orientation in landscape. Is it possible to modify the plugin to set an orientation?

• Anonnymitet Just adding some stuff

cjbruce I'm testing all the possibilities

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)