AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:58 am

Use 'on message key' and not 'on message from any' as I told you already twice
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:09 am

why can't I play airconsole on windows phone 8.1?

edit: i have not tried "desktop" mode on the phone yet, i will try that when I get home.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Because windows phone is not supported?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Because windows phone is not supported?

all it is, is playing in the browser. Windows 10 Mobile is supported, but it blocks you on 8.1. It does not make much sense, is there any reason behind it? Is the browser lacking some sort of support....other frameworks like Air Console work no problem with 8.1, even using web sockets. So I don't see on the front-end why it would not work.

It is a big deal in my house atleast, almost everyone uses a 8.1 phone. When people come over to play these types of games, they usually use my spare 8.1 developer devices when their phone is dead, or they forget a phone.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm

You should contact airconsole for that, on airconsole.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:You should contact airconsole for that, on airconsole.com

will do, thanks. I mistook you as a AirConsole rep based on your support. They should hire you ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:45 pm

No, I'm not affiliated to them, but there's not really support here at scirra, but users... They are more active on other channels like reddit or stackoverflow. I've asked them to be an ambassador but got no reply. I help because the most of the plugin is made by me
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:No, I'm not affiliated to them, but there's not really support here at scirra, but users... They are more active on other channels like reddit or stackoverflow. I've asked them to be an ambassador but got no reply. I help because the most of the plugin is made by me

you did most of the plugin work? a big thanks to you! I was up late last night learning how to use it. great work!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Yeah, I did the updates plugin version 1.3... But the idea is so cool I gladly do that and propose my pull requests. But I must admit I'm working on my own plugin, a version 2 so to say, that makes it easier and gets rid of the deprecated stuffs. Glad you like it!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 am

I have not seen this posted yet, but has anyone had any issue with "OnDeviceJoin" failing to trigger sometimes?

I have not tested this in real world scenario, only the simulator.

I took the pong example, added a browser.log and simply put "Device joined" in the trigger event. If I add, say 5 devices, at random only some of them process this trigger. Maybe device 3 and 4 don't show the browser log, but 5 does.

Thoughts?

Edit: Interestingly enough, if I check the connected device IDs, the missing ones (the ones construct did not get the handshake or the device join trigger for) are listed. If I reconnect that device, it will sometimes connect.

Looks like I can get away with hacking away at the code, but it is not as clean as simply using the deviceJoin trigger.

Edit Edit: @Psychokiller1888 some interesting stuff here. I added onConnect to your plugin, to try and debug my issue above. I am not able to get a device to connect everytime, but what is weird is why the handshake is sometimes failing. Through debugging it would appear that the controller sends the handshake (or atleast tries to), but the screen never gets it. When this happens, the onConnect saves the day (on a high level, I am using both Device Join trigger, and a trigger I made for OnConnect, in order to solve the issue at the moment).

I don't know why or how this is possible, I am hoping it does not mess up the actual messaging beyond the handshake. I am too tired to go further at the moment, I will try again tomorrow (it would appear, messages are fine, just the initial handshake has trouble sometimes).

Tip for anyone starting out, add a version tracking number on the screen, so you know if your cache cleared or not.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General