AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 am

+1000 for the cache issue. Better yet try in private mode. Device join does fail on simulator, I reported that looong ago to airconsole... There are different hacks possible to overcome that and I like your onConnect idea, but then again, once uploaded it won't fail anymore. Same for the simulator connect/disconnect buttons, they do what they want, not what you expect. Then, the simulator highly depends on the browser, I had 0 chance running it on edge, works 50% on chrome....

I'd say that in the actual state I won't try to debug that, imo the problem lies on the simulator. I should make my new plugin public in about 2 weeks and we'll see then... The new one cleans the mess with message key and stuff per Exemple. I should meet with airconsole on Feb 26th, I'll have a word concerning that issue
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Psychokiller1888 wrote:+1000 for the cache issue. Better yet try in private mode. Device join does fail on simulator, I reported that looong ago to airconsole... There are different hacks possible to overcome that and I like your onConnect idea, but then again, once uploaded it won't fail anymore. Same for the simulator connect/disconnect buttons, they do what they want, not what you expect. Then, the simulator highly depends on the browser, I had 0 chance running it on edge, works 50% on chrome....

I'd say that in the actual state I won't try to debug that, imo the problem lies on the simulator. I should make my new plugin public in about 2 weeks and we'll see then... The new one cleans the mess with message key and stuff per Exemple. I should meet with airconsole on Feb 26th, I'll have a word concerning that issue

Interesting. Good to know, I won't worry about it for now. It would be good if there was a way to upload a "beta" version of the game to test it for real (without the simulator). Well...maybe there is and i am not aware of it.

When I looked at the testing page, all I found was using the simulator, so I assumed simulator is the only real way except for uploading for real to the airconsole store.

So far, pretty slick. I am loving it.

EDIT: I reached out, apparently you can test your app live at airconsole.com/developers. I will try this to see if the connection issue goes away. :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Yes you can upload your game without publishing it
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Yes you can upload your game without publishing it

@Psychokiller1888 hi there, I just confirmed, even when testing on the airconsole.com/developers page, you can still get the handshake issue :(

i have not had any messages between the screen and controller drop, only handshake.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:28 am

Out of curiosity, with what device do you try? We have more issues with IOS using their AirConsole app, fewer issues on Android using their same app. I'm going to Ludicious game event today and should meet them, maybe I can discuss a little :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Out of curiosity, with what device do you try? We have more issues with IOS using their AirConsole app, fewer issues on Android using their same app. I'm going to Ludicious game event today and should meet them, maybe I can discuss a little :)

It is hit or miss, but using Android 4 built in browser, the game failed handshake a lot. Using chrome on Android, it connected often. Windows 10, it worked almost every time. I have not played around too too much in terms of handshake - I was really going on the assumption it would work better once uploaded. I can work around it to hopefully make devices always connect (such as the checking onconnect method I mentioned earlier).

Do you know if it is a construct thing, or it is widespread to full HTML/JS apps too?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Will investigate and let you know ASAP
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Psychokiller1888 wrote:No more excuses for not having a cool controller now! The plugin just got my pull request merged, and I have added support for extended messages, making the official controller generator compatible. The generated controller is ready to use with your C2 game. Just update your plugin to at least version 1.4.6.1

@Psychokiller1888 Hello, does this means that I can use the controller generator?

https://developers.airconsole.com/tools ... oller.html

Do you have a tutorial for this? Please, let me know.

Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Yes you can. I don't have a finished tutorial yet, but you catch the controllers input using on message key, loading a c2 dictionary . Look at my expression tutorial
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm

@Psychokiller1888

So all I have to do is copy and paste the airconsole controller generator code to controller.html.
Then add in the C2 event sheet:

Condition :Airconsole-"On message key is "jump"" ------ Action : "Airconsole.GetMessageProperties"

And that's it?

Thanks for the help!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General