AirConsole Game Dev Contest 2017

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:07 am

Psychokiller1888 wrote:Well I don't know, I just tried and it did work here. As always, manually added controllers didn't send a handshake when connecting it did get controller.html. After disconnecting and reconnecting the concerned controller it did connect successfully

Ok Psycho, but I have one more newbie question to you :oops:

How I do that? I just see using Handshake, but how can I did it without handshake, manually? Can you give me a example? And again thank you a lot for attention...

Sorry for this Psycho! It's because I'm at least a week trying e searching for something that can help me, without success! By the way, I'm using the C2 Plugin from your Git, nice work :D
B

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:34 am

Make sure to broadcast game ready when your game is loaded:

Then on the simulator, add a new controller:

Disconnect it, and reconnect it, that will trigger the handshake for sure

Thanks for using "my plugin" repo, 1.5.0 got merged into official plugin, but on mine you'll find 1.6.0 with ads support awaiting merge on official plugin

This bug has been reported directly to AirConsole
Last edited by Psychokiller1888 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:48 am

Yes, I mean on Controller.html, what are you using to connect with C2 plugin? Yes, I'm doing it... but still no working, sometimes first and second controller don't work too...
Last edited by HurtZ on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
B

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 am

Just follow the guides for the controller part...

See: http://developers.airconsole.com/#!/guides/construct2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Yes Psycho, my controller.html have handshake function like yours.

Here is my C2 code:

I tried this C2 code too:

Here is my Controller code:

There's something wrong? I just get ID's and show it on screen.

I tried many C2 codes but 2 players works, 3 and 4 don't... Don't matter what I do!

First and second controller works good, but others don't work even I try connect and reconnect like you said. Test it with 4 controllers... Anything goes wrong!

For debug purpose I create a global variable to add 1 every time event On Device Join is called, it's only called two times, for Device 1 and 2... After it, this event is never called, don't matter if I add controller or reconnect added ones! But if I disconnect first controller connected the event is called again. (Seens like two slots on AirConsole, when we have 2 controllers connected third one don't connect with C2).

See the picture:

Here I've 4 controllers connected on simulator! I reconnected all, first and second controller connected, third and fourty don't. "On Device Join" event is not called anyome!

C2 Version: R239 (Last stable - Registered version) - Just in case!
B

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Do you have, just to ask... maybe, who knows, the max players setting to 2?

I just tried and:

Construct 2 code, using your layout (corrected though... watch out)

Controller, using your layout:

B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Haaaa... Phyco! I knew, I knew... but I didn't know how change max player on AirConsole!... TY A LOT :D

Newbie detected here! hahahahaha :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
B

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:21 pm

This points out the fact that the official documentation needs an update. You're welcome btw
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:23 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
nvbenegra wrote:@BackendFreak Is the simulator working for you?

FYI: I have updated AC plugin and linked newest AC library to the controller and simulator worked straight away for me with my old project.

You can see it here:
https://puu.sh/sksDF/69c6b4673d.png
https://puu.sh/skszs/5daa0dda91.jpg

@BackendFreak

Nice work! Can I assume based on what I see here that you built the controller.html in Construct 2 as well?

If so, does it all go in the same Construct 2 project? Or did you have two separate projects and somehow change the generated C2 javascript code to look in a different directory for the controller.html files versus the screen.html files?
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 pm

cjbruce wrote:
@BackendFreak

Nice work! Can I assume based on what I see here that you built the controller.html in Construct 2 as well?

If so, does it all go in the same Construct 2 project? Or did you have two separate projects and somehow change the generated C2 javascript code to look in a different directory for the controller.html files versus the screen.html files?

Nope, I've coded controller.html manually myself. AC plugin doesn't have all the functionality needed to make a controller in C2.
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General