Ajax and Audio breaks after semi-large music file is played

Report Construct 2 bugs here.

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:43 am

Problem Description
____ After playing a song on loop which was 22 MB when imported as wav (no issues stated or file errors) is played, followed by an ajax request for a project file that is somewhat buried in events, causes the ajax request to never return anything. when a wav that is played which is smaller, there are no issues with ajax requests____

Attach a Capx
____https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjghuz4rcw3udk1/AjaxAudioConflict.capx____

Description of Capx
____ Demonstrates how ajax requests quit working after the audio object plays a music file that is over a certain size (relatively small for a song)____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • click button on the right
  • click the middle button
  • click button on right again to turn off that music
  • click button on left
  • click the middle button again
Observed Result
____ ajax will not load the project file. also you cannot play the other sound file again, that breaks too ____

Expected Result
____ Ajax should load the project file json string (which is a level taken from our game) ____

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (Not sure)
  • Internet Explorer: (Not sure, I don't use shit browsers)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 7 service pack 1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Release 173 ____
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Could you test all browsers please? It is important information to help accurately diagnose problems. Also does this happen after export?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I just tested it in Firefox and it works just fine with music streaming. It produced no ajax errors, and other songs also streamed properly afterward. I'm having trouble getting IE to load the game at all. But I've never updated IE and I can't remember the last time i've updated windows. I will try that next.

Update: Only Chrome has the issue.

When I export using node webkit, it works like normal.

I apologize for not testing these things. I'm sort of new to bug testing. I will certainly be more thorough next time!

For Now I will just have a check to see if the player is using chrome and force download the songs in advance or something
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:11 pm

I think this is a known issue with Chrome breaking connections with the preview server. I'm not sure there's much we can do about it. Have you tested r175?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 pm

I just tested it in r175 and it still has the same problem.
B
S

Return to Bugs