Ajax Bug on Scirra Arcade

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

Ajax requests aren't receiving project files on the Arcade, yet functioning fine in the preview.

More detail:

I am loading several files for a game as project files on AJAX requests. I have tested this game in preview mode and the files loaded with little to no latency. When I uploaded the game to the Scirra Arcade and viewed it there, none of the files loaded. I hope I can get help seeing as this is a fairly vital part of the game, as well as part of a new feature.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5alrknp7u2ulf ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

This is a game I have on the Arcade, please don't steal :c

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Load on arcade at https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-ga ... box-21-344 and view patchnotes section (on right of menu layout) EDIT I have changed my code to not use Ajax, but the bug still exists
    • Load in Construct 2 and look in the same location, where everything is fine.

OR

• Try to load a level (Using the main menu)
    • Notice it is always the second level (Sunlight) on the arcade, but will change based on what is selected when run in the preview.
    • This is because no data is being changed and that map is the default state for the tilemap(s)

Observed Result

AJAX fails to provide data to the Scirra Arcade game.

Expected Result

AJAX receives data and constructs the patchnotes and levels.

Affected Browsers

• All I have tried (Firefox, Opera, and Chrome)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Found it in both 208r and 207r, but the problem is on the Scirra Arcade.

I also realize that this might just be for security reasons, but would like to know for sure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh and Ashley I use form dis time, is you proud?

• Oh and Ashley I use form dis time, is you proud?

You don't use the form for Ashley to be proud, but to help them investigate the problem.

• Dude take a joke...

I'm aware it lets them investigate faster and have the necessary resources. I just wanted a bump that didn't day "bump".

• I think it was a config issue with the Scirra Arcade server. It should be sorted now (I don't think the game even needs changing!)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)