Alex's Grappling Hook (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:46 pm

@Prominent I'll give it a go. Think I'm grasping the basics, but I was under the impression the code would be cleaner and better presented if it's being sold. I'm seeing disabled events, repeated use of "Every Tick", 70+ events just to get the character to move... and 29!!! global variables?!?!?

Why not mainly local variables or instance variables?

You already got my money, so nothing I can do about it, but I'd not recommend anyone else purchases it in its current state.

Would you be interested in the final code when I tidy it up and allow it to be dropped into other projects with ease?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 pm

@AnD4D , sure, I'd be interested in seeing how you modify it. Maybe I can learn something from it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:08 am

I know it has been a long while, but I am very interested in purchasing this from you :D Just had one question, was the coding eventually cleaned up with @AnD4D 's final code?
B

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:25 pm

@bigmonongo , no, AnD4D hasn't shared anything.

I do have another project I made that uses only 100 events, is much cleaner and does the same thing basically, but uses the chipmunk plugin. I haven't put it on the store though, since it uses the chipmunk plugin, and I'm not sure how @R0J0hound would feel about me selling something that uses his plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:01 pm

@Prominent
Feel free to go for it. All my plugins/behaviors, unless I explicitly specify otherwise, can be used in games that are sold.

In regard to the template, You could even include the plugin with it, although it would likely be better to just refer them to the plugin topic. The only requirement is I should be credited for making it.

Basically the use is very liberal. Do anything you like with it, even modify it, just don't claim to have originally created it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks R0j0hound, I'll be sure to credit you if I decide to put it up.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 am

bigmonongo wrote:I know it has been a long while, but I am very interested in purchasing this from you :D Just had one question, was the coding eventually cleaned up with @AnD4D 's final code?

It was taking waaaay too long to clean up the code, so I started from scratch using an alternative method. Used hardly any code, relying on line of sight and 'lasers' to detect collision. Physics wise, it worked great, but I was never happy with the look of the 'rope'.

I've used chipmunk physics quite a bit in the past few months... and having collision detection that plugin allows would shave off even more code.

I'll have to look into that when I'm done with some other projects.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:17 am

Google verlet integration.
@QuaziGNRLnose can shed some light on that perhaps.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Scirra Store