Alien Invader - My first game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Add an alien vibe to your videogame with this 6 songs (divided in 10 tracks for looping purposes)
  • I added it to the arcade but never posted on the forum. Maybe you have already played it. This is my first game since discovering Construct 2. Really loving this program and still discovering all it can do.

I wanted to do power-ups, different kinds of buildings (landmarks like the statue of liberty and such), and different land and air enemies but I ran into the free edition limitations.

Looking to do some kind of puzzle game next when I get the time. The lack of families in the free edition is killing me.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • so where to play?

• ok i found it.

Pretty good for a first game.

That thing in the center is pretty ugly, not sure what it is

Reminded me of gyrus.

Good game, but needs power ups.

• I just noticed I don't have enough rep to post links so it was removed. Thanks for going the extra mile and finding it. It would be nice to do more with it, but I can't justify the money for the pro or personal license.

• Would much prefer wasd control (I'm new to construct - I presume that's possible?) so I didn't really play properly because of that. Also the rate of turret spawning seems too rapid - might want to make some delimiter number that rises slowly, so if the total number of turrets equals it it wont spawn any more turrets. Right now it banks on the player destroying all turrets to ensure a steady rate of challenge.

I see potential in it and the rampage style building collapses are neat!

• Would much prefer wasd control (I'm new to construct - I presume that's possible?) so I didn't really play properly because of that. Also the rate of turret spawning seems too rapid - might want to make some delimiter number that rises slowly, so if the total number of turrets equals it it wont spawn any more turrets. Right now it banks on the player destroying all turrets to ensure a steady rate of challenge.

I see potential in it and the rampage style building collapses are neat!

Your in luck! It does have WASD control, I just didn't put it in the instructions. It also has the type of spawn process you described (spawns 1, then 2, and so on to 5 with a max of 15 being created at any one time). I could simply slow the spawn process to make it take longer to get overwhelmed, but being only one level, I didn't see the point. It's not a full game in that sense. It needs levels, powerups, different enemies (ground and air borne), more structures. With the free version all that is limited.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)