Alla Prima Paint

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:03 am

Hopefully with a working link this time.

paint2.pixarra.com
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 am

More features, better browser compatibility and perhaps even a little more performance improvement.

Version 1.5

Added - Luminance control for all colors of the currenly loaded brush.
Added - Saturation control for all colors of the currently loaded brush.
Added - 2 additional core brush types added.
Improved - Compatibility with Internet Explorer had been improved.
Improved - The page related icons have been moved to the left hand side of the workspace, giving larger targer areas to tapping and allowing for logical grouping.
Improved - The control icon look was updated for the size and opacity sliders.
Improved - Internal update to allow for brush types to have a dab step value.
Improved - Internally opacity is now tied to the brush type so that when combining brushes the opacity is normalized between the brush types.
Fixed - Tapping on the canvas without a brush / color selected would save an undo for that when if should not.
Fixed - On some Android devices in some cases a touch of the icons was being triggered twice.

Alla Prima Paint
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 am

Oh and here is a video showing the basic usage.

Video

Thanks,
Ken
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

@kcarlino, wow, this is a really great paint program, especially for touch! This is the first time I've seen the ability to really customize and combine the brushes like this.

The first time I tried your program, I thought it was a bug that the brushes were combining. But, after seeing your video, only then did I realize the vast potential in allowing that.

Well done!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Danial, Thanks for your feedback. Yes it is a different approach to painting software. I have a somewhat more traditional program, TwistedBrush Pro Studio, that has been around 10 years and wanted to explore what can be done with a fresh approach. The jury is still out on how readily users will take this approach, I do think I have to set aside more time to create some painting myself with it...and further tweak / enhance the program.

Thanks,
Ken

B
S

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 am

Did a couple of more updates in the last couple of weeks.

Ver 1.7
Added - Brush Preview.
Improved - Saved brushes now also save the saturation, luminance, opacity and size of the brush.
Improved - Download size further reduced.

Added - Two new brush types added.
Improved - Two of the brush types had the jitter reduced to keep the dab size normalized to allow better combinations.
Changed - Swapped position of color dabs and brush type dabs.
Fixed - It was possible to selected many of the icons when it was not intended by ending a paint stroke over an icon.
Fixed - The bottom row of the Brush Save slots were conflicting with the row above it.

Paint

Ken
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

Hi. Just from a marketing stand-point, you might have greater success lowering your product from $99 to 20 or lower.

There's simply so many paint programs out there right now.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi Khaz, the $99 price is for our flagship product TwistedBrush Pro Studio. That is native Windows application. Alla Prima Paint is the CC2 based app that is ad supported and currently on the Chrome web store for free and $10 for the full version.

But indeed there are a lot of paint programs out there.

Thanks,
Ken
B
S

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 am

Version 2.0 of Alla Prima Paint is available.

Take a look at http://paint2.pixarra.com

Video at: http://www.screencast.com/t/fsSnhTyH

It's also available now as a a desktop distribution for desktops. (Sorry purchase only for that available from the Pixarra website order page).

Ken
B
S

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Now this something new, this a full paint tool.
Great work.
And maybe you should check your link, i think you must delete %20 after .com
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations