Allow commas in Size/Margin/etc properties

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:09 pm

This may be a bit more of a feature request than a bugfix, but coming from Construct 2 it's a frequent annoyance (that hopefully has a simple and quick fix?):

When manually entering a value in a properties input that accepts "32 x 32" formatting (for example, the Size property for a sprite or the layout), it will NOT accept comma separated input (for example, 32,32).

I think the new formatting (32x32) is much better and more readable, but coming from Construct 2 I frequently type in "32,32" when quickly resizing sprites and my new values are lost. It would be nice if all inputs that take two numbers would accept comma separated values as well as the "x" separated (and of course, just display the "x" separated value after you press enter).

If this is an easy fix, it might be a good idea to apply the opposite to the comma separated fields as well (for example, entering "100x100" for Sprite position would work the same as entering "100,100"). I don't think many folks will have the opposite problem, but it would be nice to not have to think about it too much when rapidly entering in new value pairs.

Release r13
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Makes sense, should make life easier for people with C2 habits. Added for r14.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs