Almost Insane Software's Tutorial Mashup

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:57 am

This Tutorial by Almost Insane Software Contains the following tutorials
> Intro (example: presenting your company)
> Mini INI file tutorial
> Simple Award System
> Stats
> Global Varaible Text

UPDATED. x2
[url:3h7maovd]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30590854/Profile%20Tutorial.cap[/url:3h7maovd]
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:32 pm

I laughed :lol: . But i guess this is gonna be useful for me and others cause i didn't figure out how to use INI stuff yet, and i really should learn it :P.
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm

It's not insane. It's childish. "OMG THIS TUTORIAL SUCKS ASS (from a straw)"? C'mon surely you can come up with better phrases to captivate the person looking to learn something? Since I lost interest after that 2nd screen, this is the best feedback I can give.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm

The language in the tutorial needs to be cleaned up. The popup on the second layout is lame because not only is it bad language, but it is wrong (you click anywhere other than the 3 buttons and it pops up) at least you could make it if they clicked in the "wrong" places....

All that being said, the attempt is appreciated..just clean it up a little bit and maybe use a color other than red for your highlighting!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Holy crap. I was just about to sign out and noticed scidave's reply so thought I'd check it out a bit more and man..... I did not realise it was THAT BAD. I'll not leave further feedback because it just wouldn't be pleasant nor helpful, kinda like your tutorial.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:09 am

I know it sucks, lol. I watch to much Angry Videogame Nerd. I know it doesn't help that much. I'll make it less stupid. :P

Ok, I updated it to be less offensive to those "sensitive types" And Portal fans should notice something this time around. I made the hilighting YELLOW.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Sensitive? I don't think so. I'm Scottish. We invented swearing! You can be funny (or "insane" as that's how you obviously want to appear) without plastering curse words all over a tutorial.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:54 am

I was just joking dude, seems like you might be sensitive if your going to what some person you don't even know get at you. I saw that coming, people over react ALL THE TIME.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 pm

[quote="Granhunter101":3gpjl6pq]I was just joking dude, seems like you might be sensitive if your going to what some person you don't even know get at you. I saw that coming, people over react ALL THE TIME.[/quote:3gpjl6pq]

I don't understand what "if your going to what some person you don't even know" means, but I believe he is being serious because everything on these forums represents the community. This is especially true when creating tutorials which newcomers will see and judge the community on.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Jayjay, I think he meant "if you're going to LET what some person you don't even know..." meaning he thinks he upset me or something. You're right btw. If this was in a game, I wouldn't even be bothered but because it's a tutorial, I felt the swearing was unnecessary. I mean there was even a random "FUCK YOU" or "FUCK OFF" in there... like wtf?

granhunter, don't flatter yourself, you haven't got to me. It takes much more than a few curse words in a tutorial to upset me, but since you think I'm over reacting, then go ahead and continue to do more tutorials in this style and you'll see how other people (over)react.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your tutorials & example files