Almost Insane Software's Tutorial Mashup

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Like I said, I think I watch to much Angry Videogame Nerd. I usualy don't curse that much. A few of my friends thought it was funny, but hey. They've been wrong before. It looks like your getting pretty worked up over nothing to me. I changed it, end of story. I would hope I didn't get to you, I just said it because it seemed like it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 pm

It is not whether it got to anybody or not... the tutorial as originally written was not welcome on the forums.. plain and simple. Its offensive just throwing up bad language for no point whatsoever, especially when you might have 10, 12 year olds, etc on the forum using your example to learn.

The tutorial as rewritten is much better. Thanks! Maybe if you want to try out your "Insane" side then put that in a game. :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 am

First of all, I'm 15. I know I'm still a kid, but don't compare me to a 12 year old. I didn't know it was offensive to anyone. The reason I said insane was because my ''company''is called Almost Insane Software. (The friends who persuaded me to put such bad words on the tutorial have been sacked.)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 am

[quote="Granhunter101":usv1mij1]First of all, I'm 15. I know I'm still a kid, but don't compare me to a 12 year old.[/quote:usv1mij1]
You misunderstood..I know you are 15. I meant there are younger kids on the forum...

[quote="Granhunter101":usv1mij1]I didn't know it was offensive to anyone.[/quote:usv1mij1]
Really it is not a big deal at all..and you have been cool about it so that is refreshing!

Thanks for posting tutorials as it is nice to have people to give back versus just take info.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 am

[quote:2iu7ue0p]I watch to much Angry Videogame Nerd[/quote:2iu7ue0p]
*gives high five*
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:18 am

Granhunter101 I bow before you, you're one of the few users who haven't went ballistic after hearing some critic about their tutorials or games.

B-17 Booomber
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

[quote="Granhunter101":faddfa6l]First of all, I'm 15.[/quote:faddfa6l]

Explains a lot. I thought you might be young but I've known of 20 year olds to act the same way so.... Well I wouldn't have been as harsh if I'd known.

Sagal, and I thought you only bowed before things with alcohol content!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 pm

biological age is just an empty number. i know 40s who acts like spoiled kids and kids who are more mature then their parents, with life expirience richer then my own.

Forgive the sins of youth i say. We all've there.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

[quote="Granhunter101":1pwanjll]First of all, I'm 15. I know I'm still a kid, but don't compare me to a 12 year old. I didn't know it was offensive to anyone. The reason I said insane was because my ''company''is called Almost Insane Software. (The friends who persuaded me to put such bad words on the tutorial have been sacked.)[/quote:1pwanjll]

Am I the only one who is still negative about this?

Your age is not an excuse.
I'm 15 right now and come on , this is cringe worthy even to me. I'd expect to see something like that from , ironically , a 12 year old. Silly 'company' name , silly variable names in the "tutorial" ie. "Pervert!" , [u:1pwanjll]HORRENDOUS[/u:1pwanjll] humor ..
The biggest gripe is that this tutorial isn't well , thoroughly thought through. In your profile you move about the "star" images to hide and show the current rank , when just as easily and in less code you could just alter the visibilty of the stars. As well as that , creating the INI at your user documents - ""C:\Users\Stewie & Adam\Documents\Almost Insane Games\AIST.ini"" instead of something such as " AppPath & "data\profiles.ini" "
As well as entirely pointless things that would confuse someone who just picked up construct , ie. adding in a ridiculous variables to the INI such as "Pervert!".

Just my badly worded and phrased two cents.
B
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

I see your point Instant, and I'll have ANOTHER updated version of the tutorial up in a little bit. No need to make such a big deal about it though. I've explained myself already, so...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your tutorials & example files