Alpha 0 = ... black?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Is alpha and all colors 0 supposed to come out black? Why not transparent like C2?

• yep that dont look right

• I thought they addressed this in an earlier release. It may be related to the fact that on Chrome for me alpha 1 looks like alpha 32 or so, so it's impossible to get smooth lighting effects and it VGAs up all the colors.

• I thought they addressed this in an earlier release. It may be related to the fact that on Chrome for me alpha 1 looks like alpha 32 or so, so it's impossible to get smooth lighting effects and it VGAs up all the colors.

Maybe raise as a bug.

There is definitely a lot of strangeness and instability going on in the sprite editor to the point where Im pretty much avoiding using it for now.

I really hope scirra make enough to get a full time tester in at some stage to really test things especially like the editor.

I must have come across 100 little issues with the editor but I just dont have the time or energy to raise them all in bug reporting

edit. looks like there is a fair fiew updates to the sprite editor inthe new beta

https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/releases/beta/r91

• > I thought they addressed this in an earlier release. It may be related to the fact that on Chrome for me alpha 1 looks like alpha 32 or so, so it's impossible to get smooth lighting effects and it VGAs up all the colors.

>

Maybe raise as a bug.

There is definitely a lot of strangeness and instability going on in the sprite editor to the point where Im pretty much avoiding using it for now.

I really hope scirra make enough to get a full time tester in at some stage to really test things especially like the editor.

I must have come across 100 little issues with the editor but I just dont have the time or energy to raise them all in bug reporting

edit. looks like there is a fair fiew updates to the sprite editor inthe new beta

https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/releases/beta/r91

I feel exactly the same. I've stopped reporting them now, particularly the image editor, they fix one bug and add 2 more. Graphics editor all generally work in the same way, but i get the impression the person coding c3's has never used one before. It's all slightly off.

• I reported this issue and they fixed it. Don't be lazy report the bugs

• I reported this issue and they fixed it. Don't be lazy report the bugs

I see ur smiley but just FYI I've reported plenty of bugs. But it is a question of priorities. I have a couple of hours on weekend to work on my game. Those hours could easily be eaten up by writing bug reports. So the question is do I spend the time to make test files and write bug reports or do I work on my game. Generally if it blocking my progress I will report it otherwise I have to crack on with my game , working around whatever issue and pray that someone else reports it.

• I'm on r89 Stable. Alpha = 0 is still black. Not sure if it's meant to be this colour, but I've always assumed that Alpha 0 means transparent.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I reported this issue and they fixed it. Don't be lazy report the bugs

>

I see ur smiley but just FYI I've reported plenty of bugs. But it is a question of priorities. I have a couple of hours on weekend to work on my game. Those hours could easily be eaten up by writing bug reports. So the question is do I spend the time to make test files and write bug reports or do I work on my game. Generally if it blocking my progress I will report it otherwise I have to crack on with my game , working around whatever issue and pray that someone else reports it.

That's okay, you don't need to report bugs if you don't have time. I'm busy, too so I understand your situation. My method is when I find a bug, I note it then when I got time, I report the bugs. I also use gifs to explain the bugs, it makes the process faster.

angelo It's fixed in r91

• bilgekaan

Thanks. Can't wait for the stable version to come out. Getting tired of using the eraser tool to paint transparent pixels

• Looks like the alpha thing works in the latest version. I did my 7drl in Construct 2. My main problem is I believe chrome's fault which is the colors are messed up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)