Alright, so how exactly does the Y axis work?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Different events seem to be looking at it in different ways. From my understanding, "lower" on the Y axis is actually up, so if you check for an object's Y value being "lower than" another one, then it's checking for the object being ABOVE the other, right?

In my platformer, you jump up, hit blocks, and items rise out of them. I told the items to stop rising like this:

Item.Bottom Lower Than or Equal to Block.Top

-- Item: Stop

But it keeps going up and up no matter what I do. If I set it to Greater Than or Equal To, though, it doesn't move at all, presumably because it already IS greater than the block because it's below it.

Am I seeing things wrong here, or is there a different problem altogether? (The event that makes it move up, by the way, isn't in effect at this point. I know that for a fact.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • that should work

I'm assuming you're using the system.compare condition?

if so, this condition doesn't automatically pick the correct instance, since you can put any two arbitrary expressions in there to compare.

so it may be comparing the wrong 2 instances of the objects

there must be a condition above it picking the two you want. the first that comes to mind is grouping them and doing a for each object condition, or using the object pairer

if you can post a cap file, or a screenshot of the events in question, it'd be easier to diagnose

• Yeah, you're right about that. I put in two conditions to make sure they were the right instances and now it works fine. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)