Am i right in thinking there is no array editor

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Howdy can someone confirm there is no array editor

for example i have a x21, y21 array which is 441 values

there is no easy way to enter this data other than

Set value at (0,0) to "name of thing"
Set value at (0,1) to 2

dont suppose there is a nice grid like view i am missing which i can bas away into?

did a bit of reading over forum but mostly old topics and the odd promise to build something
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah, to my knowledge there is no such editor. You'd practically have to build your own into the event sheet (not a serious suggestion). I hope you don't have large arrays to manage! Yikes!
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 pm

you could import from json and there are plugins for converting csv to arrays..
I would recommend filling large arrays from external files instead of manually code every entry..

CSV to Array
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:46 pm

LittleStain wrote:you could import from json and there are plugins for converting csv to arrays..
I would recommend filling large arrays from external files instead of manually code every entry..

CSV to Array

Many thanks for that link think it might be something i use. Thanks for reply

Rhindon wrote:Yeah, to my knowledge there is no such editor. You'd practically have to build your own into the event sheet (not a serious suggestion). I hope you don't have large arrays to manage! Yikes!

Yes unfortunately the road i have gone down seems to be vast amounts of arrays and referencing. Thanks for reply
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 pm

@Binkus - Sorry I couldn't be more help - I have a TON of learning to do, myself. And Arrays I'm only mildly familiar with at present. I'll have to look into that CSV to Array deal, too!
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?