Amazon is giving away free CS2 GameDesign book !

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:29 pm

[QUOTE=Burvey] Nice find, downloaded.[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting a download link :\

It states that its not available :\ proably country restricted, seeing as the author is dutch, perhaps he didnt want it distributed free in NL.

@burvey, you able to share yours ?
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 pm

This book seems actually really good (at least what ive read so far)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:55 am

Skimmed the book... seems very well written !
Thanks for posting !! Much Appreciated !!
producermark112013-12-01 10:10:50
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 am

Purchased it for free - thanks, just waiting for my kindle to charge up - lol, been awhile.

Thanks for find.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for posting great find!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:09 am

Hey guys,

Since I stumbled upon this post by sheer coincidence, I wanted to thank you for spreading the word! It's great to see so many happy readers find the book and I'd like to see the free download go to as many Construct 2 users as possible (it did well, but you guys are the ones I'd like to see the book go to). Said this, those who want to be informed about future "promo days" can follow me on Twitter, as I am working on a new update for the book.

The new update will include an additional game design for a popular type of game and, in addition, lessons in digital art from a professional artist (who also designed the cover of the book). Furthermore, new interviews will be available. For the new update I'll dig deeper into the templates that Construct 2 offers and how these can be applied and improved (incremental jumps for endless runners, anyone?).

If you have skimmed through the book and like it, please leave a review at its page on Amazon when you have the time. This enables me to improve the book and work on future updates. I already have at least four updates planned and plenty of developers lined up to participate.

Thanks & happy reading!

Merijn de Boer   
P.S. After the period of exclusivity on Amazon I'd like to distribute the book via the Scirra Store. Contact with Scirra has already been made and they will review the book in the near future.
B

Post » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Great book , enjoying it very much. Actually much more than other high rated game design books on Amazon :) Keep up the great work !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 am

Hi,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the update for the book is coming along nicely. I've toyed around with an endless runner and already found some great ways to randomly create levels and use animations to spice things up. Animation will be an important topic in this update, as well as using a 'playerbox', something I never utilized much until now.

The next update will come in handy for both endless runners as well as platform games. Furthermore, you really have the chance to start animating and create realistic characters for your games. Will do a free download promo again soon!

Cheers,

Merijn (author of So You Want to Be a Game Designer!)
B

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Just as an update to others reading this thread, it no longer appears it's free. It looks like it costs $9.99 now. Still not a bad deal.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 pm

This Friday the book will be free for 24 hours again! Spread the word and do leave reviews on the book's page if you enjoyed reading it.

Best regards,

Merijn de Boer
B

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic