Ambient Occlusion?

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm

yeah that shader does create a drop shadow for each object. The complex thing would be to get the right interaction for a complex background.

Construct's effects apply only to a single layer, and are single pass, so it can't be done exactly like the one there.

The offsetting by color makes me thing of that distort object that was posted here. You'd need a copy of the layout with color indicating height, then distort according to that height with the existing effect, then compare to the color in that location previous to the distort (that'd be a custom effect) to deduce shading... then.....

okay, maybe an effect would make that part simpler. You'd still need to manually generate a layer with the proper colored sprites, though... and that's probably a mess too.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 am

I am clueless when it comes to shaders
but I don't think that requires multiple layered effects does it?
isn't what it's doing like bumpmapping, it's like taking a 2d heightmap basically, and using it to drop shadows on anything darker or further

anyway, if someone knows how to try, I'd love to have this effect converted to construct fx
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct engineering