An idea to improve Tilemap plugin of C2

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
City ride is a game to improve your memory.You have to focus and remember the information related to passengers of previ
  • Hi,

There is no doubt that tilemap plugin is a very useful plugin. But many of us wish to have it in 3D-like.

I have an idea for the creator of the plugin. If he can modify the plugin, it will be amazing.

If we add 2 more parameters to the plugin parameters, this will give us a powerful 3D-like Tilemap editor. Each tile has Width and height and these 2 parameters describe the tile dimensions. But if we add 2 more parameters that can specify the depth of the tile (x shift , y Shift) (Of course these shifts are not real 3D). When we insert the tiles beside each others the first tile will be inserted with a dimension of (width+x shift , Height+y shift) but the location of it will be (X , Y) in such a way that the next neighbor tile will cover the depth of the previous tile. Where X is a multiple of the tile width only and Y is a multiple of tile height only.

I don't know if my description of the idea is clear or not but maybe the image will explain my idea and be more clear.

Note that the corner of the single tile at top-left and bottom right should be transparent (alpha) colored.

Note that the image contains only shifting horizontally.

Thanks

• while I admit this can be a nice way to add depth in a 2d game, it may break the compatibility with Tiled. There is also the collision issue (where on the blue part do we collide)

• There will be no collision issue at all, if the collision area at each tile will be limited to the same area of the front texture of tile (the brown texture in the example).

• Yeah, it can be very useful. I actually try to modify the tilemap plugin, but I haven't got a good result for the moment.

I try to make some none square tile.

I would inform you if I arrive at something.

• Yeah, it can be very useful. I actually try to modify the tilemap plugin, but I haven't got a good result for the moment.

I try to make some none square tile.

I would inform you if I arrive at something.

I tried too but I'm not familiar with Java.

Waiting to hear good news

• Maybe Ashley will modify the plugin since he is the one who create it as I think.

• It's a good idea, but we would only do this for C3 at this point.

• It's a good idea, but we would only do this for C3 at this point.

That would be fine. Please consider doing this if you have the time.

• Really good idea. I tried to do something similar just for fun based on how the Original Prince of Persia tiles works and was a bit difficult to get it right. This would make it easier.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

Agree with you, a powerful editor customize feature (c3) will allow developer to add his own tilemap functions.

• I agree that a more robust tilemap function in C3 will be incredible, especially in reducing object count for background sprites.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)