An invalid texture was referenced. crahses construct

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 pm

I have just loaded Construct on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with 1 gig of RAM and a P4 with Win XP.
I tried to simply click to add a sprite, when I do this the sprite editor starts to open and I get an error box. After clicking OK Construct crashes.

The error box says invalid texture was referenced, this is a bug report it!
I am including a screen shot.

So anyway I would love to have this program work for me.

Dan
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 am

I was able to find an update to the video card and installed it but it didn't help. I did see that other people get this error message also at different times when the use the program. It's too bad this really looks like what I'm looking for.
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Moved to Help/Tech Support.

Also, what kind of video card does your laptop use? I'm guessing it's one of those Intel things. I have a bit of trouble on one of my laptops that uses an Intel Express chipset graphics card.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:22 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":6tkemko5]Moved to Help/Tech Support.

Also, what kind of video card does your laptop use? I'm guessing it's one of those Intel things. I have a bit of trouble on one of my laptops that uses an Intel Express chipset graphics card.

~Sol[/quote:6tkemko5]

It's an NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba) with 16M of RAM.
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm

I can report that I have the same problem on my P4 with an Intel GPU, PS 2.0, 128mb vram. Whenever I increase layout width/height beyond 2048 I get the error, and it remains even if I revert everything to normal. Only way is to restart construct.

I have not much in my scene, a tiling 256x256 texture, a player sprite and a 50x50 distort .mesh.

I can add that when zooming out more than 50% the error occurs even when on 2048 res. Well, guess you can never trust built in GPUs to handle anything at all.
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic