An sprite appear in two locations where I just put one

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

I have a weird mistake where a green circle sprite lunch an attack represented by a black rolling square, the code say that it only appear at de X=0, Y=0 origin point of a green sprite, but is also appear al the X=0 Y=0 of the layout, I´m searching if there something else buy can´t find an answer...

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step Press start
    • Step 2 Entre Mundo 1-1
    • Step 3 At the beginning a black rolling square appear in the X=0 Y=0 of the layout and in the code just say that it can only appear at the origin point of a green sprite. Observed Result ____ What happens? ____ Expected Result ____ What do you expect to happen? ____ Affected Browsers
      • Chrome: (YES)
      • FireFox: (YES) Operating System and Service Pack ____ Your operating system and service pack ____Windows 7 Construct 2 Version ID ____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____187r
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sumitting a bug as your first post is pretty gutsy

Anyway your code is wrong. After creating a circle, you wait 1.5 seconds. Plenty of time for the player to destroy the circle, so it no longer exists when you create the square for it. You get 0,0 at this point for Normal.X, Normal.Y.

I suggest you ask questions on the forum first

Edit: In general, using Wait x seconds is tricky for beginners. I would suggest using a Timer behaviour on the circle sprite, and on creation, start the timer at 1.5 seconds. Then when the timer fires, create the square. The timer won't fire if the circle has been destroyed before then.

• Closing, there is no evidence this is a C2 bug and not just a mistake in your own events. As per the guidelines please ensure all .capx files attached to bug reports are absolutely minimal. They should be made from a new project using the fewest events and objects possible to prove the issue is not your own mistake.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)