Analysis of Game Engine Business Models

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Saying it's a royalty is incorrect, as royalties are usually based on percentage shares of profits, or some linear relationship between sales volume and royalty amount.

This is a higher prices license, for companies that turn over higher volumes.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 pm

That doesn't qualify it as a commercial license though.
Generally speaking companies will need to use multiple copies for multiple employees.
Your just assigning an arbitrary value to compensate for that.... right?

Yeah, might wanna rethink that part.

As it stands your just saying if they make more money, you want more as well.
Probably not legally binding anyway, even if the amount is negligible... either way.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:58 pm

How, exactly, do you plan on finding out exactly how much money I make from the games I make with C2?

My end goal, ideally, would be using a digital distribution platform like Steam. How are you planning to get sales data for my game if it's up on Steam?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:42 pm

We would hope that most companies are honest, and select the correct license model.

We couldn't do much, but if you are an established business the government can spot audit you. When spot audits occur, they evaluate all your software licenses.

If a company was hugely successful with one of our products as well, this would be fairly obvious and we would be able to tell from our sales history if they are using the correct license or not.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General