Anchor right/bottom edge options misbehave in crop

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • Example:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7709131/anchor_crop_bug.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set a project's fullscreen mode to crop

2. Create an object and give it the Anchor behavior

3. In the object's Anchor options, set Right Edge to Window Right and Bottom Edge to Window Bottom.

4. Run the project

Expected result:

That the right and bottom edges would maintain their relative positions vis-?-vis the window as it appears in the editor.

Observed result:

The effected objects are grossly out of proportion. If you don't see it immediately, try changing your window size.

Impact:

This makes creating certain UI elements very tricky in crop mode

Known Browsers affected:

Chrome, and Firefox

Operating system & service pack:

Win7 SP1

Construct 2 version:

Graphics up to date?

Yes, and also probably not relevant

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, looking closer at this, the exact behavior is this: if you anchor the right/bottom edge of an object, its right/bottom edge will maintain a constant distance in pixels from the edge of the layout. Thinking about it, this is consistent with how the top and left edge anchoring works, and therefore expected behavior. I'm not entirely sure what the use case is, but that's probably personal myopia.

I don't think that my original expectation (that right/bottom edge anchoring maintain the object's proportional dimensions) was unreasonable. However, now that I reflect on it, I probably would have done Dumb Things with such a feature, so perhaps it's for the best.

Regardless, I don't particularly consider this a bug anymore. It might be the opportunity for a new feature (percentage based width/height toggles on the anchor behavior?), but definitely not a bug.

• It looks like it's working correctly. Note that we do not recommend using crop mode, it's only really there for legacy reasons.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)