Anchored Tiled Background ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm

I have a anchored titled background that doesn't keep up with a object with scrollto behavior. Is there another way to do this?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 pm

What are you trying to do exactly ?

The anchor object makes sure that whatever the size of the project is, the object with the behaviour will be specifically positioned (ex: top left corner).
The tiled background plugin repeats the setted texture on all its size.

And finally the scroll to behaviour makes it so that in a bigger layout than the window's size, the object with the behaviour will always appear in the centre of the window (the "view" will adapt/move to the object's position).

I'm not sure what you mean/expect when you say "I have a anchored titled background that doesn't keep up with a object with scrollto behavior"
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:56 pm

@Kyatric

Well I replaced it with a sprite which is the green header(anchored) in the picture. The black box(scroll to) is a object that moves around bouncing off any solid object. When the black box moves up or down the header can be displaced by as much as 5-10 pixels until the black box stops moving, then it is correct.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

You probably rather want your green box to be in a different layer than the blue/black boxes and set the parallax property to this layer to "0,0", like instructed for the HUD in the page 7 of the beginner's guide for C2.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Thank you. That fixed it. I really didn't know what a HUD was/is.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?