Ancients (-DEMO-)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:01 am

First, I think the term MOBA it's being used wrong. It's more like a Multiplayer RTS Arena. That being said, the game looks good, I'm sure it will look better with the real art instead of the placeholder. I hope to see a pc version sometime!
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:31 am

@K1ra Yeah, a hard one to categorize for sure. I picked MOBA because 'Multiplayer Online Battle Arena' fits pretty well, even if it's a bit of a different kind.

Oh, I should mention that the demo this weekend is for the PC version! Mobile still needs a little bit of work. I'll update the main post.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm just playing with a few export settings now. The demo should be live within the next 30-40 minutes if any of you are keen to give it a try. I'll update this post in just a little bit.

In the meantime, the website is now live: http://wrathinc.com/

EDIT: Just having a database issue. Will be up as quickly as I can fix it. Won't be long!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:15 pm

I'll give it a try :)
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:16 am

So sorry about the delays. Today I've learned that I should always keep my PHP version up to date, and that I never have as much time as I think I do!
The demo is now live on the Scirra Arcade! https://www.scirra.com/arcade/multiplay ... hroud-4154

I'm going to be around throughout the day playing matches with whoever is around. I am a one man operation so I sadly will need to sleep at some point.
I mentioned some prizes so here goes:

Quest One
Evil Voulk has taken over the forest! I have $20 steam gift cards up for grabs for the first three people to meet him in a match and defeat him. He'll be playing a game about every three hours. Are you up to the challenge??

Quest Two
Revealed in 24 hours...

To brush up on how to play, see the quick-start guide at: http://wrathinc.com/learn-to-play/
I also have a Google Forms active for anyone who wants to submit feedback in a less public place: http://goo.gl/forms/oHflbwfS1N

A quick tip: If you get stuck at the hero select at any point, give it a refresh. It happens when one of the players doesn't select all three heroes.

EDIT: Just did a quick re-upload to fix a few graphical bugs.
EDIT2: Going down for a quick maintenance. Hero select still throwing up some issues. Back soon.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 am

Hey i played about 5 games, and i enjoy it. im waiting for the maintenance to be finished so i can play more.

i have a question for you though

how much money$$ did it cost you to get the demo up and running on an online server?
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 am

We're back up! I haven't had much luck getting the Scirra Arcade to do my bidding so I've reverted hosting back to my site. It can be found at: http://wrathinc.com/play-now/ (no ads)
Recall that if you're getting a black box or an old version that's still in maintenance you likely need to refresh your browsers cache.

@mannygill99 The server costs were actually very cheap! The trick was finding a shared hosting provider that didn't ban game hosting. I ended up with Veerotech after shopping around for quite a while and including a domain name (which I bought from a separate provider) it totaled around $30 for 3 months or so of hosting. Setting up the pages themselves was a bit of a learning experience, even with a CMS. Honestly though I think the Scirra Arcade would probably be a very good substitute most of the time, and for no cost.

A final note to those that squeeze in a game tonight, I don't recommend tabbing out of the game while in Hero Select. Besides, the game is better in full screen anyway.

EDIT: I'm off to bed. Evil Voulk will be back with his bag of quest rewards in the morning. Don't have too much fun without me.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 am

lol @ Frost Nova Spell from warcraft 3 :P
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:14 am

Hi all,

I know I didn't get too much interest from this forum but here's an update for you:

My work sent me to Asia for a couple months and so I had to halt development for a bit. When I get home I'm going to rework the game to focus more on the single player experience by fleshing out the AI. The multiplayer queue will still be there if you want to play against your friends but going multi-player only was a bit of a mistake.

Big thanks to everyone who gave the game a go over its demo weekend!
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Hello!

This looks great, good work indeed.

You mentioned in a previous post about whether we would be interested in a tutorial or blog about the development of the multiplayer aspects of this game. I would really enjoy to read this :) Scirra provides a some reference reading but it would be great to read something applicable to having a live game, especially for the matchmaking aspect.

I am only just starting to consider how multiplayer will work for my game, but it would be great to go through and share and compare ideas. For example, I will be using Elo system in my MySQL database to try and sort out matchmaking but I would be interested to see what others do, especially private matchmaking/inviting friends.
We make Facebook games!

Please contact us if you want to work with us to release your game on Facebook - our team have generated millions of installs for our own C2 and Flash games, and we can do revenue-share deals with YOU, too!

https://u1stgames.com
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests