Android Export Module

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Instantly Create Rogue-like Adventures with just 1 Layout! Include this IGM into any existing game.
  • Hi all. Any chance of an Android Export Module being added soon so as to by pass the 3rd party exporters?

• No - but why do you ask? Why do you want to avoid the 3rd party exporters?

• Maybe because most of the third party don't support in game advertising, such as Admob, RevMob, etc. For example, Appmobi doesn't have this, except to advertise another developer's game, which doesn't actually make revenue. Cocoonjs requires a premium account to take part in their ad revenue program and Phonegap I don't think has any ad revenue program. I haven't looked deeply into the matter, so I could be mistaken on any of it, but having the ability to add the requirements directly into C2, then export to an apk file would certainly be helpful to many.

• Maybe because most of the third party don't support in game advertising, such as Admob, RevMob, etc. For example, Appmobi doesn't have this, except to advertise another developer's game, which doesn't actually make revenue. Cocoonjs requires a premium account to take part in their ad revenue program and Phonegap I don't think has any ad revenue program.

I have been searching for a solid answer regarding implementing ads across iOS and Android. The best answer I came up with that you won't have to pay is implementing a plugin with your ad network's code.

The way you would implement the plugin is different for whatever development platform you're using.

For you UGS2012, if you can manage to get the game running smooth via Phonegap then having a plugin of some sort that works with Phonegap and has implemented the ad code will probably be the best approach.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Open source phonegap/cordova built through Eclipse gives you access to all ad network sdk embeds, but gameplay can be laggy and it takes a bit of programming knowledge to make it work.

• Open source phonegap/cordova built through Eclipse gives you access to all ad network sdk embeds, but gameplay can be laggy and it takes a bit of programming knowledge to make it work.

Any idea of what might cause the gameplay to be laggy?

• Phonegap is made to create apps, not games. It doesn't take advantage of direct canvas or other graphics acceleration like Appmobi and cocoon.

Though I have built 2 games with phonegap through eclipse and implemented admob, the games were very simple word games.

• I understand Phonegap is originally meant for "utilities" that are graphically intensive. But some have apparently got a couple games to work with acceptable fps.

I was asking AndyWatson if the mere implementation of the ad sdk might've caused the slow down. And if so what might cause the performance drop in regards to implementing the sdk.

• I've tried building a few of my more active games with phonegap and they just didn't run well enough to put out that way. I tried them with and without ads and had the same issues.

I haven't tried said games since 2.0 and they are on 2.4 now. However, I haven't read anything in the release notes about increasing performance. I'd be happy to try them again with 2.4.0.

• lol Ashley is being bothered about asking Android and iOS exporter from newbies

I've seen many threads about request iOS and Android exporters in C2

• yeah, there seems to be a spike in wanting an acceptable mobile performance. I don't think this is going to settle until a full action game is made.

• ArcadEd Cordova made some performance enhancements for 2.2.0, which did give me around an extra 5-8fps if I remember correctly, but as you say the tech is still not good enough to run the majority of games. CocoonJS is the only good way that I've found so far.

I launched Ninja Fart Hero using Cordova in January 2012, but my last few games just won't run well enough on Android with it. Galactic Fruit Wars is awaiting approval with iTunes and I managed to build that with Cordova with a good frame rate, but for Android it was just way too laggy, so I resorted to CocoonJS for Android.

• AndyWatson

Are you still needing to use the lowlatency audio plugin? Audio seemed to be improved when I used 2.3, but it could have just been in my head.

• ArcadEd LLA plugin is no longer needed, you're not imagining it. They sorted that somewhere along the way too!

• great news. Thx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)