Android Export Module

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 am

yeah, there seems to be a spike in wanting an acceptable mobile performance. I don't think this is going to settle until a full action game is made.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 pm

@ArcadEd Cordova made some performance enhancements for 2.2.0, which did give me around an extra 5-8fps if I remember correctly, but as you say the tech is still not good enough to run the majority of games. CocoonJS is the only good way that I've found so far.
I launched Ninja Fart Hero using Cordova in January 2012, but my last few games just won't run well enough on Android with it. Galactic Fruit Wars is awaiting approval with iTunes and I managed to build that with Cordova with a good frame rate, but for Android it was just way too laggy, so I resorted to CocoonJS for Android.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:29 pm

@AndyWatson

Are you still needing to use the lowlatency audio plugin? Audio seemed to be improved when I used 2.3, but it could have just been in my head.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:37 pm

@ArcadEd LLA plugin is no longer needed, you're not imagining it. They sorted that somewhere along the way too!AndyWatson2013-02-16 14:38:55
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 pm

great news. Thx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 pm

In my previous post I actually meant to say "utilities" that AREN'T graphically intensive. Whoops.

But thanks ArcadEd it's good to hear that the ad sdk apparently doesn't cause slow down.

I tried Phonegap when C2 first introduced it (about a year ago) and it definitely wasn't up to snuff then. Glad to see progress has been made.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Just came back to Phonegap after taking a 6 month break from mobile development. They seem to have ironed out quite a few issues.

For one, I finally get to benchmark my HP Pre 3 where, prior to that, any IPK created with Phonegap Build would only output a black screen, thus making me rely on my cheap China brand Android tablet (no fun at all, I tell you what).

Performance, while not overly great, is still decent. The physics template/Angry Birds clone barely runs at 10 FPS but a port of my adventure engine showed great promise (weirdly enough, it was even less choppy than on my laptop with enabled WebGL).

My very first project (memory game) still runs horrible, for some reason. Takes several attempts to get past the options screen and selecting a card takes approximately 30 seconds/card. There's also no audio. This could all be blamed on an older Phonegap release though, since Phonegap Build still builds the app with Phonegap 2.00. Apparently, in order to update the Phonegap version one has to manually alter and reupload the XML

The fact that the LLA plugin is no longer needed kind of saddens me, though.

The broken audio was a nice way of telling me to get cracking on a manual Phonegap install. Now all I need to do is start up Phonegap Build, upload the .zip and wait for the build. The nerd in me just turned suicidal.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm not a newbie - I just don't use the forum much!
B

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Back to topic about C2s export directly to apk for better monetization, is this possible?
B

Post » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] No - but why do you ask? Why do you want to avoid the 3rd party exporters?[/QUOTE]
I don't see why we should have to use 3rd party exporters as we have paid for the software. If any 3rd party went down, our software would be useless!
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General