Android. Idle - 60 fps. 1 of 200 objects moves - 5 fps. Why?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 am

PixelPower wrote:@thelander
Its hard to help without a capx or something to go on , so we do it this way. I made a game that has at least 30-40 sprites and animations going off at the same time. Download it and try it on your device , it should run as fast with no slowdown or glitching

blast-ad-shooter-arcade-action-space-shooter_t181773

Also did you look at my mobile optimizing tips in this post
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=181811

Let me know if you still have an issue.

The game runs smoothly. I've read your article. I'm going to implement some of your tips and try to review my "code" and then I'll post the result. But I don't think I can reduse object count to less than 180. If only there was a way to bake all the sprites into one.

Aphrodite wrote:tested the apk on my own device (HTC Desire 620 it seems according to its default name when I plug it) and it is a 60 fps almost constant

Thank you for the test. I hope people won't have phones with worse screen size to hardware ratio than mine.
B

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 am

thelander wrote:
PixelPower wrote:@thelander
Its hard to help without a capx or something to go on , so we do it this way. I made a game that has at least 30-40 sprites and animations going off at the same time. Download it and try it on your device , it should run as fast with no slowdown or glitching

blast-ad-shooter-arcade-action-space-shooter_t181773

Also did you look at my mobile optimizing tips in this post
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=181811

Let me know if you still have an issue.

The game runs smoothly. I've read your article. I'm going to implement some of your tips and try to review my "code" and then I'll post the result. But I don't think I can reduse object count to less than 180. If only there was a way to bake all the sprites into one.

Aphrodite wrote:tested the apk on my own device (HTC Desire 620 it seems according to its default name when I plug it) and it is a 60 fps almost constant

Thank you for the test. I hope people won't have phones with worse screen size to hardware ratio than mine.

Ok in my article Iam talking about moving object(sprites) you don't have 180 moving objects at the same time right? How many moving objects you have going at 1 time?
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 am

Message: thelander can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
My game generates a 11*15 maze of non moving tiles and this is the reason I can't put them all in a single sprite in Photoshop. No sounds, no animations are in the game. During the player movement three object are changing: timer sprite, player, sprite font fps counter.

It looks like my phone lacks power to render all this. But looks like I've found a solution. Just found Canvas plugin and looks like I can put my maze layer sprites in it. Can't test it on my working place but if this is possible, I'be able to reduce object count to 10% !

https://www.scirra. [delete this] com/forum/plugin-canvas_t64239

(Can't post any URLs or send PM because of low rep)
B

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Message: thelander can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Sooo... Looks like I've achieved my 50+ fps with 1 moving object. I think it's because I've used the canvas plugin:

https://www.scirra. [delete this] com/forum/plugin-canvas_t64239

1. I generate that 11*15 maze on a separate layer
2. Then I paste that layer on the canvas
3. And then I delete all the objects I've used to build the maze.

Now I have 33 objects instead of 200+ and smooth 50+ fps instead of 5-9 fps.

Agent_Smith_Evil_Laugh.gif
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?