[Android & iOS] Star Nomad RTS/RPG (Sci-Fi Sandbox)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 am

Finally reached a milestone, every system in the "Wildlands" sector is completed, functional with tradeships, pirates, factional fleets and dynamic prices. Random missions are all done! There's plenty to keep pilots entertained as they make their fame and fortunes!

Now onto the final stretch: talking heads and storyline missions!

Hopefully adding a bunch of animated talking heads won't blow my ram budget out the wazoo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 7:01 am

Star Map with faction standing and current system indicator.

Random in-flight chatter from NPCS! Traders give tips on best trade routes, request help or just a friendly hello. Militia patrols do their thing and pirates taunt etc..

Animated talking heads.

Last edited by Silverforce on Sun May 04, 2014 3:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 am

This is looking great

can't wait to play it
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 5:47 pm

@Silverforce - awesome update. I think the talking heads will add a lot of atmosphere and immersion - kinda like in Star Fox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 4:21 am

@Manley23 @Darth Crusher

Thanks, I've always enjoyed the random chatter in Wing Commander Privateer so its definitely a must to have these interactions, you are right it adds to immersion.

Here's a few NPCs in the game, they have a LOT of random quotes which they will use depending on the situation and your current standing with their faction. They also offer rumors that provide some info on the background story/setting of the game.

Some of my favorite lines:

Pirate Taunt "Plundering is like making love. It's not what you do, but what you say as you do it."
Traders "A long haul with a cargo full of Flesh Dolls... hmm, it does come with a self cleaning mode."

If you guys want to throw some funny taunts, pirates at player, or traders or police etc, feel free to give some suggestions. If I use it, I will put your name in the credits. :D

Last edited by Silverforce on Tue May 06, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 11:03 am

I can't wait this! I hope everything is going well, if not if u need help for something, like for example the png faces, or design of the ships, just tell me and i will help you, of course for free! ;)
B
S

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 11:28 am

@argail
If you can come up with some witty lines, like taunts from pirates or police or just funny conversation one space trader says to another as a greeting, I would include it into the game and credit you in it. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 2:00 pm

@Silverforce - I will try to come up with some more, but here are some off top of my head.

- from police, "Hey, quit running from us. We just want to talk and possibly arrest you."

- from pirates, "If you let us board your ship, we guarantee a quick death."

- from traders, "I learned my lesson the hard way. Never stop for supplies on a penal colony planet when your cargo hold is full of Flesh Dolls. The local officials are still trying to quell the prisoner rebellion."

Added on 5-7-2014

- from pirates or traders, "You know what they say about men with big ships? No, I guess you wouldn't."

- from police, "Power down your engines immediately and prepare to be boarded. What? No, we don't have any planetary pastries."

- from pirates, "I've killed better men than you for less."

- from traders, "Hey, do you know any safe havens around here? I've got some hot cargo I need to get rid of."
Last edited by Manley23 on Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Silverforce wrote:@argail
If you can come up with some witty lines, like taunts from pirates or police or just funny conversation one space trader says to another as a greeting, I would include it into the game and credit you in it. :)

I'm sorry but i can help u just with the graphics, because i know some english but i'm not english !
B
S

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 4:28 am

Game is nearly finished, just doing final polish and bug-hunting. Looks like I will make it for a June launch on Android first, then I need to get some Apple gear (I have a really old iPhone 4, which is just crap) to test on it then release on iOS.

Here's the latest gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOdga9oxe8

Thank you all for the encouragement and feedback. I gave a shout out to @Guizmus in the credits for helping me with the Nav Icons and @Manley23 for the positive words and some pirate taunts. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests