Android or iPhone or Other?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 am

[QUOTE=harrio]

i was just worried that the 'discussion' would digress to what mac/android discussions usually move towards...the lowest common denominator.

glad it didn't.[/QUOTE]

lol...yes, I see your point. The crowd here is bit different and it's a good sign.

At any rate, porting this over to the mobile space is what I ultimately want to do as I have a few projects on the horizon and C2 looks to be a good candidate.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:11 am

A friend of mine has both an iPad and an iPhone (I've also converted him to Construct ^^). I've poked at the iPad a bit and it's pretty nice to use (sooo much better having one of those instead of a bulky laptop when dm'ing!). I'll eventually get an Android tablet though. It seems to suit my needs better.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm

I have an iPad and looking at a Galaxy Tab for an upcoming project, and yes, it is much more convenient than a laptop for some things that needs to get done.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Android Any day,

Here are some cool pointers
Is is rightly said about Apple, They take a technology that already exists, improve it a bit and sell it as the second coming. That was one of the Android staffers analysis of the iPhone 4S launch and we struggle to find a more succinct interpretation of what was unveiled in Cupertino, California a few days back by Tim Cook.

Here are some of the Features where Android beats iOS hands down

Ice-Cream Sandwich vs iOS 5

The launch of iOS 5 is a key selling point for the iPhone 4S, yet its by no means exclusive to that handset. As you should all know by now, Androids Ice Cream Sandwich update is due next week on 11 October, launched has been delayed, however well be able to give a clearer head-to-head then but were pretty confident it will withstand the challenge.

This may sound funny but, key iOS 5 features include improved Twitter connectivity, iMessage, which will face stiff competition from BBM for Android and WhatsApp, and location-based reminders. These all features are already done a year back or is in the works for Android and hardly the smartphone wars Golden horse.

Siri vs Voice Action for Android

Lets not be unfair, Siri does look a fairly impressive piece of tech if it works to its full potential as theyve presented it to be.

Is it a brand new invention though? BIG NO.

Complete read at http://thednetworks.com/2011/10/07/android-beats-ios-even-after-iphone-4s-and-in-all-walks-check-out-why/
B
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic