[Android] Super Donut Drifter - Now in Arcade

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Quickly disable all TNT barrels or everyone will be in danger!
  • SDD is a simple one touch racing game. The idea is that the car is constantly turning to left and by touching the screen - car turns to right.

Goal is to collect all the stars on track as fast as possible.

At the moment there are 18 tracks with 3 themes and local records. I'm planning to implement leader boards as well.

Download SDD from Google play

Here is a speed run video of all 18 levels!

Youtube

Also I need the change the skidding soundFX

All feedback is welcome!

Play in Scirra Arcade

• Nice work!

• iceangel

Thank you very much!

I'm just wondering if the game play is too hard to adapt.

• Amazing game!

Great menus and very cool visuals (including animations and zoom effect). The concept is also amazing. Gameplay is easy to understand and very entertaining. Yes, it's probably too hard to play, but I am not sure if it's a problem related to controls or level design. There are sometimes too much obstacles.

Also, I miss some feedback related to life. Sometimes I die crashing one tree, sometimes with more than one... why?

Again, congrats, it's a very cool game. I hope you add more levels!

• Ofris

Thank you very much for great feedback! Regarding to "life" - it depends how you hit the tree. If you loose all your speed - its game over. But sometimes you may even try to use trees for turning faster etc...

I'm planning to add more levels, but need to polish some other things first. If you have ideas for levels, you can design them - I'm all ears.

Could you please give a short review at google play? Thank you again - I appreciate it very much!

• Oh no! Why i can't steer how i like, left and right?

• JamesXXXYZ

Hello my friend! Those controls are kind of the whole catch of game. It doesn't matter where you click or touch - touch makes the car turn right. But I have noticed that most of the players might have some sort of problems adapting this kind, unorthodox controls with racing game... I'm planning to try also more tranditional way. Thank you for the feedback!

• Ofris

Thank you very much for great feedback! Regarding to "life" - it depends how you hit the tree. If you loose all your speed - its game over. But sometimes you may even try to use trees for turning faster etc...

I'm planning to add more levels, but need to polish some other things first. If you have ideas for levels, you can design them - I'm all ears.

Could you please give a short review at google play? Thank you again - I appreciate it very much!

Of course, I will review the game

Reagarding the levels, I am enjoying more the levels without routes, that is, open scenarios with obstacles. For example: "Fields of the glory".

More general feedback, I hope you find it useful:

• The "Sound" buttons should probably appear in the main menu. Each time you start the game you have to select the sound options, it's probably a step that users should avoid.
    • Users probably would prefer to unlock levels. All the levels are currently unlocked from the beginning.
    • User Interface: the "Repeat" button (after failing in a level) should probably be in the right part of the screen (where the "Next" button is currently placed).
    • I miss some feedback to show that you will fail the level if the car stops. Whithout your explanation I thought the car had a life bar, as it's not very common to fail a level in a racing game by stoping the car.

I still love the one click button gameplay, but it's perhaps frustrating to fail levels because your car enters in "slow down" areas.

• [quote:23xzza67]Of course, I will review the game

Reagarding the levels, I am enjoying more the levels without routes, that is, open scenarios with obstacles. For example: "Fields of the glory".

More general feedback, I hope you find it useful:

• The "Sound" buttons should probably appear in the main menu. Each time you start the game you have to select the sound options, it's probably a step that users should avoid.
    • Users probably would prefer to unlock levels. All the levels are currently unlocked from the beginning.
    • User Interface: the "Repeat" button (after failing in a level) should probably be in the right part of the screen (where the "Next" button is currently placed).
    • I miss some feedback to show that you will fail the level if the car stops. Whithout your explanation I thought the car had a life bar, as it's not very common to fail a level in a racing game by stoping the car.

I still love the one click button gameplay, but it's perhaps frustrating to fail levels because your car enters in "slow down" areas.

Ofris Thank you very much!

• I also think that the open scenarios are the most fun. I thought that I might do another game mode like "survival", where you gain more speed every time you collect star. This survival mode would be in open scenario...
    • I put the sound selection in the beginning because some might play mobile games in places where should be silent. Thats just for convenience...
    • That lockable levels would probably make more "game like feeling" into it. I'll try to implement that in the next version.
    • I noticed that "repeat" -button issue as well. I play the game with my right hand thumb and need to adjust my hands position when I want to repeat the level... There's no problem if I want to go to next track. There's obviously some tweaking to do.
    • basically you fail the level if you get stuck out of the track or you hit tree so that you loose all your speed.

I also like the "one touch" -game play, but most of the players don't get it... Probably I'll make two control options.

Thank you again for great feedback.

• Here is a speed run video of all 18 levels!

Youtube

• First earnings

[attachment=0:2p2cmdx8][/attachment:2p2cmdx8]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Super Donut Drifter is now playable at Scirra Arcade

Play here

Feedback is much appreciated, and thanks for playing!

• This is actually really fun!

• cheesemix

Glad you like it.

You might want to test my another game aswell

STKR

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)