Android Template?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • It would be neat to be able to make Android games. Make it have drag and drop, and instead of MouseX and MouseY it would be TouchX TouchY or FingerX FingerY.

• Construct might need OpenGL support, or software rendering.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Look into action script. And Adobe Air is now supporting Android ports. Its very simple to create games with 2d libraries out there.

• Oh for the love of the invisible pink unicorn,

CONSTRUCT AS IT IS AT THE MOMENT IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY HARDCODED TO MAKE WINDOWS PC GAMES, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO EXPORT FOR ANYTHING ELSE AND WON'T BE UNTIL AT LEAST CONSTRUCT 2 AND PROBABLY NOT EVEN THEN.

Pleeeeeeeeease can people search before asking AGAIN????

...Sorry. I'm just annoyed. I'll go calm down now.

vv haha! Fixed

• Yeah wut he said.

• If we were Lucid we could export to Android.

• there is no "Export To Android" feature(and i can't see it in the near future)

if you want to make android games you can experiment with the Android SDK, but as scidave said you can ask lucid for help he knows more about this

• If you know enough android java to write classes to mirror construct objects, and methods to mirror actions and conditions, it's possible to export large portions of a cap to text, and convert to java using mostly find/replace in a text editor. As ashley predicted in another thread it becomes less simple as a project grows in complexity. I would recommend if you decide to try this to program most of the game in python, using python classes where you would use java classes that don't have a construct object equivalent.

If you're writing a game for windows and android,

using construct still speeds up development when prototyping new features, since your final abstracted game objects are already there ready to test new ideas on. And the fact that all the directx and math code is already written for you.

On a side note. Construct 2 will support multiple runtimes, and i will most likely be writing android and iphone runtimes if no one beats me to it. Also, construct 2 will be opengl as well. So, good news for the long run.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)