Anger Issues

0 favourites
  • If you do have anger issues, what are YOUR way to get rid of them. I personaly play games. Although some stuff that would get most people mad don't bother me, but some little things make me angry as hell. In 3rd grade, I started a fight because this guy spit on my hand, it was one those ''school ground'' fights too, everyone was in a circle and everything. Since 1st grade, I've been in at least 40 fights. And some of them had weapons: real swords, bb guns, pencils, teeth, knives, bats, and more.

• Play Gta 4 and run over pedestrians ,Ahh the soothing sound of people getting run over calms me right down.

• That's a good one.

• Anger comes usually with a lack of confidence, or in a way, over caring about others' opinion of you, being seen attacked by a public, or caring about what the attacker may think. Basically, if you don't care, you walk away and don't give a damn anymore, if you care, it angers you and will keep you angry for days/months/years...

Video games won't help with these issues, as they give very fast reward to little challenge, they give a fake response to difficulties. You feel good about achievements, but the progression of these achievements is actually done to be progressive and never challenge you enough to be frustrating (think WoW here). Real life difficulties are never progressive, often unfair, and reacting angrily actually tend to add more problems on top of them.

So... It all comes to know yourself, and when you feel it coming, stop it. Because you actually enjoy the anger, letting it go against someone makes you feel powerful, free and in control... you have to get onto it and try to think long term to get rid of the addiction, and that's far from easy.

I got few books on the topic (living with a ready-to-explode person is not something all women are willing to pull through), I will get back the references and post here. Act on it when you are young, i guess it makes it much easier.

• I think if it's becoming a big issue in your life, don't be afraid to ask others for help.

IMO anger is when you think something is unfair, or you deserve better. It might help to try to respect your ego and admit maybe it's not unfair or you don't necessarily deserve better than anyone else.

• HULK SMASH

Eh, I personally take a break from whatever is causing me anger issues. Taking a long walk in the forest helps.

• Getting in a fight is not something you should be proud of, although it's sometimes necessary to defend yourself. I never had a fight in my life, it's not that I could win . I am 18, 5'4" and barely weigh 108 lbs, so because of it I was really prone to bullies. I still have nightmares about that, wish I had just punched them once then maybe I wouldn't have these self esteem and anxiety issues that I have.

Bah, I again went offtopic...

Back to topic. When I am angry because something is unfair, I mostly do what Ashley suggested, just admit that what is happening is not unfair(although it not really helpful). When I have an argument with my family, I mostly end up doing what they want just for the sake of making them happy, after that I just isolate myself in my room for the next hour or so. Honestly, I don't even know if that helps or not.

[quote:32zdx6gp]Eh, I personally take a break from whatever is causing me anger issues. Taking a long walk in the forest helps.

I used to do this before I moved to this new city 2 years ago, now I live in the middle of a city so it's no longer an option.

• I have a hard time doing stuff about my anger because I have bipolor disorder (and more personailty disorders then you can shake a stick at) I have to constantly change my ways at dealing with anger. Like my last therapist said, I'm one fucked up kid.

• [quote:4pyg68b2]When I have

an argument with my family, I mostly end up doing what they

want just for the sake of making them happy, after that I just

isolate myself in my room for the next hour or so. Honestly, I

don't even know if that helps or not.

When I have a fight with my family, I say what's on my mind. I honestly don't give a crap what my family says, the ones on my mom's side or homophobic, racist and stuff in the 50's. When I wear tight jeans they call me a fagget and I have a girlfriend!

• [quote:11j20t2w]I honestly don't give a crap what my family says..

Part of your problem could be because you're probably going through puberty - parents are always wrong . After puberty, hormon levels should stabilize and you could be calmer, plus more mature and you'll deal with some situations differently.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They think that ''niggers'' are bad, they hate gay people, they think making games is wasting time, they laughed when my teraphist said I have problems, they hate music I listen too, they hate my friends (who don't do drugs, smoke or drink) They think I sould do what other guys in mississipii do: hunt, fish, and make a fool of them selves. I respect my Dad, because I can talk to him about most things and he understands me. Same thing with my grandmavickie.

• [quote:1dvsi3ru]"Part of your problem could be because you're probably going through puberty - parents are always wrong . After puberty, hormon levels should stabilize and you could be calmer, plus more mature and you'll deal with some situations differently."

I don't think that would help much since he mentioned that he has bipolar disorder, infact things could turn worse if it's not takencare of in a proper way.

: It's good to see that you atleast have a therapist to whom you can talk to. In India, people who suffer from bipolar, anxiety etc disorders are labeled "attention seeking" just because the suffering is not physical and they can't see it. I can't talk about it to anybody since I know what the outcome would be, they just would think I trying to gain attention and run away from my responsibilities.

• Eh, I personally take a break from whatever is causing me anger issues. Taking a long walk in the forest helps.

This. I run and push myself a little harder than I normally would. Clears my head and helps me focus on maintaining my composure and direction. My family has a history of bi-polarism and, if not that, we have strong periods of highs and lows. Running has given me a constant and helped my highs from getting to high, and my lows from getting too low.

Keep positive influences around you, man. It's difficult when you're young, but in the future, if you did well, you'll be able to look back and see how much you've overcome, and it's an awesome feeling, especially knowing you can always keep getting more awesome!

• I never anger

YOU MAD ?

• I take my son in my arms. I technicaly canno be angry when holding him. Theres no place for hatered when theres only love.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)