Angry Birds Slingshot using Bullet

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hey Guys,

I am building a game where i'd like the user to be able to drag back from the MainCharacter and fire a bullet in the opposite direction, like the angry birds slingshot firing system.

I can find plenty of examples using physics but none using the Bullet Behaviour.

Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What's wrong with using physics? That's the approach I would take, why a bullet behaviour? This is possible with the bullet behaviour, but I would like to know why the approach before I help if that's no problem.

• Use this principle;

Give your bullet the following behaviors;

a) Drag & Drop

b) Pin

c) Bullet (initial speed of 0)

1) Pin the bullet to the character using rope-style.

Combined with the Drag&Drop behavior, you will be able to move the bullet around like in angry birds by dragging.

2) On Drag&Drop (when the player drops the bullet);

a) Unpin the bullet

b) Disable Drag&Drop

c) Set bullet speed to a value (can be based on distance to character)

d) Set bullet angle of motion (based on angle to character)

The sling part of the system is just a visual trick. It doesn't actually serve any mechanical function.

• David How do we calculate the Angle exactly? I realise the sling is just aesthetic and I can get my character to fire a bullet i'm just having trouble getting the bullet to fire from the character but at the right angle. Thanks for the reply!

dcrew the game is on a mobile platform and avoiding physics if possible is always best.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)