Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Wonderful work Alastair!!! You rock.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:31 pm

looks great !

Tell me , did you hit some C2 limitations when designing the game ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Great game, I bought it and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just some suggestions:

-When you are playing it's easy to forget which weapon you are carrying with each hand, I died many times just for pressing the wrong one. It'd be nice to have some kind of indicator on screen.
-Release a demo, seriously, there's no much info about the game and a simple demo will get more people to buy the game.
-Market a bit your game or have someone else do it for you, seriously, you have a good product but your website looks a bit poor, give us reasons to buy it and send a couple of e-mails (indiegames.com will probably feature it if you contact them).

P.D.: I keep dying after beating the first 3 stages >.<, I'll have to practice more.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 am

After discussion with Puppygames on IndieGames.com about demos, I think for the $5 price point he'll get more sales with a video and advertisements.

Thankfully IndieGames has put up an article about Angvik.
Angvik: being cute doesn't mean it isn't hard

Congrats man. I don't have the spare money to buy the game at the moment :(.
Also, did you mention C2 as the tool you used somewhere in the game? I know you don't have to, but Scirra always can use more potential traffic :P.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 am

This game looks great, man. I don't buy without a demo or an onslaught of great reviews, so if you're not keen to make a demo, make sure you get your game out there and into the hands of reviewers! Yes, you might have to give it to reviewers, but if you stand by your project, it'll be worth it.

Also, I'd loooove to see a post-mortem on this game. Just watching the video, there are a lot of things I'd be super interested to know how you did in Construct. If you've got the time, I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate it.GeometriX2013-06-14 09:16:20
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't know how it plays but it looks really nice! Are you planning on releasing a demo?
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Well for those wondering about the quality, he does have a few other games that are free you can play to see his pedigree.

http://alastairjohnjack.com/

Loved Final Vision years ago and I've seen Arvoesine before on Indiegames. I kinda skimmed the prior article I linked, or else I would've linked it as well :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 am

@Thndr
Yes I've played both. Specially liked Final Vision. Even when I am not a big Final Fantasy fan.

I was just wondering if the game is really long and if that could cause problems when exporting whit Node-webkit. Also if there was any other C2 limitations. I am planning quite big project and would like to know.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks for the comments.

It's an arcade style game so it's not filled with massive bloated levels, it's designed to be replayed a bit. The only problems I've had with node-webkit is the Mac version has mostly all black/gray graphics (whereas it runs fine in Chrome for Mac) so I'm hoping that eventually it'll be upto par with Chrome.

And the only problems with C2 projects I have is keeping the objectcount to around 100-200~ (which means coming up with creative ways to limit objects that aren't being seen, I think that's usually good count? but @arima probably knows more in this than I do) so that it will run well on most things. However to keep the object count low I did use a number of large textures (1000x1000) too which probably doesn't run great on old intel/integrated graphic systems (I think I use less than 100mb of memory in total, last I remember).

The code can impact it a lot, eg: like doing to many collision checks with a lot of objects, but I learnt a ton from finishing this game so I imagine it'll be a heap easier to make my events less bloated and more efficient next time. For my next game, I've started using the preview on lan feature with my tablet which helps keep things in check.alspal2013-06-17 07:18:51
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:47 am

This game looks amazing! Very good animations and yeah, voted for steam...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations