Animated gif Issues

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a pack of 14 animated lasers with different colors.
  • Problem Description

When importing an animated gif only the first frame is imported.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Import Animated Gif file

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Only one frame of the gif file is imported.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____ Import all the frames of the gif

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____ Win 8 64-bit

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____r187

• You can't import an animated gif. You can only import separate image file or a sprite stip.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can, however, drag and drop an animated gif onto the Layout and C2 will create all the individual frames in a single sprite instance for you.

• Thank both of you guys. And thanks for the tip Zenox98 this was my first time attempting to import an animated .gif I just thought it would grab all the frames.

So this can be close as it not a bug just a feature not implemented.

• Closing as not a bug, use what zenox98 suggested. PhoenixNightly please also always follow the bug report guidelines, a report like this should include the exact steps you followed (such as the particular part of the UI you are using to import the image) as well as attaching the .gif file you are trying to import. I'd also recommend not using gifs, they're an ancient lossy format from the mid 90s

• Ashley Yea was being lazy cause I created like 54 playing cards and the program I use doesn't mass export and just wanted test something real quick so it gave the exportation of .gif (which does suck. But it was just for testing purposes instead of quality and I noticed that I couldn't import it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)