Animated HUD?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this epic life system with hearts like famous games in your game!
  • Hey, I didn't know where to put this post, so I decided to write it here. I hope no one minds if it's wrong.

Anyway, I'm wondering how to do Animated HUD bars, (hp, mana) I got no idea what program should I use and just how to do it. Here is an example:

youtube.com/watch

I would appreciate any tips, links or anything. Thanks, and sorry if my english is a little bit bad.

• It would be hard to pull off with out having frames on a tiled background object. Perhaps if tiled bg had the ability to offset its texture, you could maybe do something like the plasma object did in CC.

The non webgl blend modes might even be enough.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Dammit, wrong topic. You can delete this post, sorry :D

• I can't speak to what program would be best to animate the bars.

As far as displaying the animations in C2, I agree with newt that it gets tricky without an option to animate tiled background. You could create different tiled backgrounds for each frame, and create your own animation system using events, but that solution is pretty ugly. Another option would be to do something like this:

Demo

Capx

I'm using a sprite for the bar's animations, and a masking sprite on top of it. Changing the width of the masking sprite makes it appear as if the animated bar is growing. It's also kind of ugly, but it may work for you.

• Thank you, I will take a closer look at this demo later on, but I think that will do the job.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)