Animation Editor

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • I believe it should ask if you would like to apply changes when you make changes to a sprite via the animation editor. A lot of times I can't undo changes I did, so I am forced to completely erase the sprite and redo it. Sometimes I get lucky enough to undo changes manually, but this seems like a huge improvement over doing either of those things. Construct Classic has this functionality in it, and I much prefer it over not having it, too.

• C2 editor is progressing ...

I am sure those options will come soon enough !

• When can you not undo changes? Undo should be working in the animations editor.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I've had to ctrl-z like literally a hundred times in a row before and C2's huge memory has saved me. Thanks for that, by the way Ashley

• Sometimes when I try to undo, it will say please close the image editor before undoing again. You first edit a frame then go to another, and go back to the previous frame you were editing. Once this is done, you try to undo any previous modifications you made, and it will prompt this message. You are forced to close out of the editor.

It would be nice to have a separate undo/redo for each individual frame of the animation instead of just one set.

I still believe there should be a prompt to save changes though. Undoing several times is a tedious task to do.

• Since we are on topic of the image editor... will it ever have the option to pick the "invisible" color for a sprite-sheet? It would make life so much easier when you have 1000's of sprites.

• Since we are on topic of the image editor... will it ever have the option to pick the "invisible" color for a sprite-sheet? It would make life so much easier when you have 1000's of sprites.

The invisible portion is called an alpha channel, and the image editor already supports this. If you create a blank sprite for example, it begins at a 256 by 256 alpha channel, and retains that unless you fill it all.

Likewise, if you set the red, blue, green, and alpha settings on the left side of the editor to 0 each, you have alpha as your "color".

Hope this helps!

• > Since we are on topic of the image editor... will it ever have the option to pick the "invisible" color for a sprite-sheet? It would make life so much easier when you have 1000's of sprites.

The invisible portion is called an alpha channel, and the image editor already supports this. If you create a blank sprite for example, it begins at a 256 by 256 alpha channel, and retains that unless you fill it all.

Likewise, if you set the red, blue, green, and alpha settings on the left side of the editor to 0 each, you have alpha as your "color".

Hope this helps!

Not sure I understood what you said. But I am talking about an imported pre-made image with a solid BG color.

• I wanted to bump this since I felt it was a pretty important improvement to the engine.

If it isn't too much to ask, making each frame of the animation have its own undo/redo history in the animation editor is a much better approach than how it is now.

I see that undo/redo can be used after making changes to an animation, so there's really no need for having a confirm save dialogue, and what I suggested earlier wasn't really necessary.

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)