Animation help

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:51 pm

vengeancestudios wrote:
Frostein wrote:You can use On animation finished, set animation to idle.

Or On key released (Shoot button), set animation state to idle

Maybe check to see if you have the 'spit' animation set to loop, in animation properties.

None of that worked. Also spit animation is not set to loop

upload your capx, its more easy to help, you can make a new capx with the issue if you dont want to share your complete capx, you can try to use boolean variables too so if you are running you cant be idle etc..
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 pm

You can see all of the events I have on the event screenshots I have uploaded.
B

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:53 pm

vengeancestudios wrote:You can see all of the events I have on the event screenshots I have uploaded.

don't be lazy, i solved some of my problems just making a new .capx

http://www.filedropper.com/states

this capx its working ok.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Majinboo wrote:
vengeancestudios wrote:You can see all of the events I have on the event screenshots I have uploaded.

I already PMd you my capx. Also that capx you uploaded is from a newer version. I have 212.2
B

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 pm

vengeancestudios wrote:
Majinboo wrote:

I already PMd you my capx. Also that capx you uploaded is from a newer version. I have 212.2

B
S

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:21 pm

So take out jumped and landed as I don't need them. What you have above is exactly what I already have in my event sheet that I posted in my previous posts. I'm starting to think it's something to do with the spit animation being triggered by the turret function.
B

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

vengeancestudios wrote:So take out jumped and landed as I don't need them. What you have above is exactly what I already have in my event sheet that I posted in my previous posts. I'm starting to think it's something to do with the spit animation being triggered by the turret function.

Use variables and Boolean variables then you can get out of states, your character cant be alive and dead at the same time for this you need to use variables or Boolean variables.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Ok, i'll try switching everything to boolean as the regular variables aren't working.
B

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Ok so we are getting there now. Everything is set to boolean. It now runs between 'spitting' however it only plays the first frame of the spit animation and stays on that frame throughout the whole 'spit'
B

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:34 pm

vengeancestudios wrote:Ok so we are getting there now. Everything is set to boolean. It now runs between 'spitting' however it only plays the first frame of the spit animation and stays on that frame throughout the whole 'spit'

use the debugger to see states
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?