Animation help!

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:39 pm

(Platform movement) How do i make it so when the player presses right/left keys, the character should run/animate. And, how do i import a gif to the animation?
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1071

Open up the example, that should help out. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks, but still - how do i import an gif?
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Construct does not currently support GIFs or Animated GIFs, so you will have to convert them to a format that Construct does support. If you do a Google search you'll find several programs that can convert the frames in an animated GIF to still images in another format say PNG. I've been using a GIMP script to do my conversions (you can also do it manually but it takes longer). It's probably not the easiest or most convenient method but it works. If anyone knows an easier way I'd be happy to learn about it.

Snoop
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I have about 15 gifs, and i dont wanna make them into frames. This program sucks then.
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 pm

An easy way I 'import' images is open it in paint, copy and paste into construct's image editor. LOL :wink:

It doesn't suck if you do it maunally, if that is the case. It really doesn't take long at all, and you only have to do it once, at least construct mirros the animations unlike TGF/MMF ;P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:03 pm

No? It doesn't. I check the 'Auto mirror', and it does NOTHING.
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Yes, did you check out the platform example I created? The link is mentioned in this thread.

When you create your sprite, assuming you are making a platform game, your character animations are at 0 degrees.

When you press right, your character should face 0 degrees, and when you press right, set angel to 90 degrees, construct will mirror animation if mirror animation is. checked

Here is the (stripped) event I am using for my game:

Conditions:
Key Right Arrow Down
Spankyboot[Platform].Vectory Equal to 0.
Trigger Once
================================
Spanky: Set Animation to "walk"
Spanky: Play Current Animation
Spanky: Set Angle to 0 Degrees
Spankyboot: Set angle to 0 degrees

The "Spankyboot" is my detector, so you may replace that with your platform object if not using one.

I highly recommend looking at the example. If you need help upload your cap file, you can use fileden, that's what I use, it is very easy. Hope this helps. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:43 am

Robink93, let's slow down for a minute.

Gif support is in consideration for a future release. In the mean time, try exporting frames from just about any graphics program newer than MSPaint. Importing them takes a few extra seconds, but it's worth it considering how much Construct DOES automate that other programs yet do not.

If for any reason you are incapable or unwilling to convert your gifs to frames, I'll more than willingly help you out. Provide a zip file of them and I will have them for you in short time.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:33 am

Strange, updated to 0.93.5, and now i cant import static gifs...
B
G

Next

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic