Animation Troubles

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Thnx silver for understanding me.Here is a cap of the animation trouble i am having.This was done with Classic Construct R2.I only want the char to have a proper attack animation.

download cap file
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 pm

This is how i usually do attack animations , The long winded way.The char has platform movements.X to shoot.Made with classic construct r2.

A big thank you goes out to Brent Anderson, www.dumbmanex.com for the fantastic and free sprites.

Download Cap file
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Man, what a ball-ache.

Okay here's what I've come up with after tweaking things a bit with simplicity in mind: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31971596/Anim%20Tweaks.cap

This still has issues. The animation is set to NOT loop, so looks odd when you keep the X button held down while moving. It's like he slides along the ground. I'm still a complete noobie to Construct so I don't have the answers.

What I would do in this situation, is create a different attack anim for running, that merges the arm thrust with the basic leg movement of the run anim, and then also includes the basic run animation afterwards as a part of the attack animation. I would set the animation to repeat, but from the frame number where the basic run anim beguns. It would then appear to show the character doing his attack, and then continuing to run until the X button is pressed again to initiate another attack.

Hope that makes sense ._.

I'm sure there's a better way of doing this, but I'm just as confused by Construct as you are That's why I love the community though. Most of the time people jump at the chance to help!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic