Animations Editor - Crash

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:13 am

1. Steps to reproduce

Start a new project or open any existing project > Open Animations Editor by editing any sprite object > Exit Animations Editor

2. Observed result

Error upon exiting Animations Editor.

3. Expected result

To be able to exit Animations Editor without crashing.

4. Attach a .c3p file

Any project will do.

Error report information
Type: unhandled rejection
Reason: TypeError: Cannot read property 'removeEventListener' of null
Construct 3 version: r12
URL: https://editor.construct.net/
Date: Wed Mar 29 2017 10:00:42 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Uptime: 18.2 s

Platform information
Browser: Chrome
Browser version: 57.0.2987.110
Browser engine: Blink
Browser architecture: 64-bit
Context: browser
Operating system: Windows
Operating system version: 8.1
Operating system architecture: 64-bit
Device type: desktop
Device pixel ratio: 1
Logical CPU cores: 4
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.110 Safari/537.36

WebGL information
Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)
Numeric version: 2
Supports NPOT textures: yes
Vendor: Google Inc.
Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
Major performance caveat: no
Maximum texture size: 16384
Point size range: 1 to 1024
Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_get_buffer_sub_data_async, WEBGL_lose_context
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 am

Can you provide some more details?

I try opening a new blank project, creating a sprite, placing it on the layout, editing it in the image editor and it closes just fine.

Tried out other similar combinations and it still works.

Maybe there is something really specific that you are doing in the image editor editor? Previous steps before opening the editor? I am just guessing right now :P
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:58 am

DiegoM wrote:Can you provide some more details?

I try opening a new blank project, creating a sprite, placing it on the layout, editing it in the image editor and it closes just fine.

Tried out other similar combinations and it still works.

Maybe there is something really specific that you are doing in the image editor editor? Previous steps before opening the editor? I am just guessing right now :P

Hi Diego,

I've spoken with others about it and it seems to only be happening to me so far. I don't have to do anything specific at all. Just literally opening up Animations Editor and then closing it will result in this error exactly 100% of times I have tried it. And this happens with any of the included example projects, any imported project as well as any new project.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:07 am

Not sure if this helps but here's what it says in developer tools:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am

That is quite useful to us :)

We have a tool that can turn all that gibberish into a readable stack trace.

It is still a little bit puzzling that you are the only person experiencing this. It's a pretty glaring error.

The only thing I find suspicious about your system is that you are running Windows 8.1, most of our users are in Windows 10. But don't take that comment too seriously, I haven't been able to verify if that is the problem yet.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 pm

@purplemonkey

So I did something and I think it should solve the problem. But I have no way of verifying it since I can't seem to reproduce the error.

Can you please verify it for me in the next version?

Thank you.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 pm

DiegoM wrote:@purplemonkey

So I did something and I think it should solve the problem. But I have no way of verifying it since I can't seem to reproduce the error.

Can you please verify it for me in the next version?

Thank you.

That's great! Yes, I will confirm whenever there's a new version up and running.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:26 am

@DiegoM Okay.. so after updating to the latest version of Construct 3 beta I can confirm that this issue still persists.

However, I did create a shortcut for C3 editor on my desktop and while --disable-extension did not seem to fix anything, a new profile (--user-data-dir="%tmp%\Construct3") did solve the issue.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:56 pm

I think it's safe to close this one now.

I Recently fixed a crash when you closed the editor by double clicking the close button.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:30 pm

DiegoM wrote:I think it's safe to close this one now.

I Recently fixed a crash when you closed the editor by double clicking the close button.

It's safe to close either way because it was something with my chrome that made it crash. Once I made a new chrome profile for C3 it worked perfectly. So just to confirm, it was not because of double clicking. But either way, issue was my chrome, maybe extensions or something, I don't know. So it's okay if this is closed!
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs