[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
Animations Totally Bugged? - Scirra Forums

Animations Totally Bugged?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:47 am

No reaction Rich ? Hmmmz
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 am

That file looks fine to me. If you're wondering why Bounce doesn't play it's because you have it set to always play climb when it's going up.

Also, using Always to set animations definitely isn't the way to do it.. you only want to set them once.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:53 am

My Gosh ! You cant read events. I have been to optimistic in trying to bring sense in all this.
LMFAO you can not even read 5 events properly.

Oh dude have a nice day. And go do something else. LMFAOO.
You guys have no idea how to build something , if you cant even read 5 events.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 am

Sadly I searched your post for a hint of a joke and didn't find one.

As you removed the attachment I can't take you up fully on what you said, but I'll try from memory. You had an always event setting an animation to Bounce, when it was less than 60 pixels from the floor. What do you expect to happen? Couple that with the fact the animation speed is ridiculously fast and you'd never be able to see the animation play. For what it's worth I added an 'only trigger once' to the Bounce event, and disabled gravity. The animation played fine. I don't know what you're used to programming with but using Always events to change things that only need changing once is an awful idea and will not work. I'd recommend that animations are switched just once, are set to an appropriate speed, and then you'll note that they work.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:37 pm

TheInstance, Rich has written parts of Construct. I don't think he deserves that attitude - I'm guessing he knows the most about the topic at hand. He is right that you should not set animations in an Always event - you should set an animation once, then it will continue to play from that moment.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Theinstance is right. And you are wrong. Fix that bug.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1664634
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:42 pm

User "_/\./\_" has been deleted for being an additional account of TheInstance, and TheInstance has been issued with a warning. If this thread does not continue solely for the purposes of pursuing the animations bug, it will be locked.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:45 pm

So let's get back on topic :P

There is a bug in the latest .cap, now that Only Trigger Once has been added. The Bounce only plays once. Rest assured that this will be looked into.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm

This thread confuses me. So I'll have to ask a few questions.

I haven't got around to animations quite yet, but I looked at TheInstances' cap and it looked like it has "trigger once" in the events, yet you guys are saying it doesn't? You guys are talking about "always" events, but I don't quite understand the problem here. Unless you mean starting an event with always is so bad it negates the trigger once, but that doesn't make any sense and that's different than what I was lead to believe from the start of looking at this forum and using Construct. I thought the always event didn't really mean much and was just what the program does by default every tick, because when I delete the "always" condition and leave the field blank, it doesn't do anything to the event, and when I run it, it works exactly the same either way. Strange.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm

[quote="manontherun":3ifawsp1]when I delete the "always" condition and leave the field blank, it doesn't do anything to the event, and when I run it, it works exactly the same either way.[/quote:3ifawsp1]

From Conditions on the Wiki:

[quote:3ifawsp1]Blank events

It is possible to remove all conditions from an event so it has an empty condition area. In this case, it means the same as Always: whenever this event is evaluated, it immediately runs the actions and tests the subevents. This can be useful if you have an event with lots of subevents, and you want actions to be run after all the subevents have been tested. [/quote:3ifawsp1]

It's worth mentioning putting an event as a subevent to an empty Always (or blank) event has no effect, because the parent event does nothing.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic