Animations Totally Bugged?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm

[quote="manontherun":3ifawsp1]when I delete the "always" condition and leave the field blank, it doesn't do anything to the event, and when I run it, it works exactly the same either way.[/quote:3ifawsp1]

From Conditions on the Wiki:

[quote:3ifawsp1]Blank events

It is possible to remove all conditions from an event so it has an empty condition area. In this case, it means the same as Always: whenever this event is evaluated, it immediately runs the actions and tests the subevents. This can be useful if you have an event with lots of subevents, and you want actions to be run after all the subevents have been tested. [/quote:3ifawsp1]

It's worth mentioning putting an event as a subevent to an empty Always (or blank) event has no effect, because the parent event does nothing.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Putting an event as a subevent to a blank event gives you the ability to minimize the event, and that might be handy some times if it's an ugly event :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:10 pm

[quote:2akow67p]
It's worth mentioning putting an event as a subevent to an empty Always (or blank) event has no effect, because the parent event does nothing.[/quote:2akow67p]
Yeah i dont know what logic he used, you could say that instead of:
[code:2akow67p]-Always
-Condition 1
-Condition 2[/code:2akow67p]

You could do:
[code:2akow67p]-Always
-Always
-Condition 1
-Condition 2[/code:2akow67p]

Same thing that wont do anything different.

Edit: Karnaugh Map Optimalization!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:58 am

[quote="Doppel":2ysxil0x]You could do:
[code:2ysxil0x]-Always
-Always
-Condition 1
-Condition 2[/code:2ysxil0x]

Same thing that wont do anything different.[/quote:2ysxil0x]
That's obvious, because it's not feeding from the first level of the sheet anymore. The first level is an always event just like I thought it was. Why would someone make two levels of blank conditions anyway? I barely even see two levels of always events used. It is worth mentioning though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:47 am

The reason this isn't working with multiple instances of the sprite is the 'trigger once' condition means the event only runs once while the conditions above it are true. Whereas in fact what you want to happen is the event to only trigger once per instance.

The set animation action has been changed now so you can use it in an always condition. If the animation is made to play which is already playing, nothing happens.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Umpphhh,

well i knew that already, and its exactly what i showed you in the first example.
Oh well, we have a saying...

" Wat baten kaars en bril als de uil niet zien wil ? "

I can freely expect the same bug to be gone in the '8 directions" -aligning ?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic