Animations

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Am I the -only- person not able to get anything animated?
No matter what my conditions are, the only animation I can get sprites to play is the default one.
Also don't get me started on how clunky the animation editor is, but I'm sure it's getting fixed. I can't delete animations, or preview them, reorder them, copy or paste them (unless I do it frame by frame), also what's the difference between an animation and a sub-animation? In any case, I'm sure this has all been said before so I digress to my original problem..

Anyone got something to help?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 pm

I'm using private variables to animate.
Animation frame number AFAIR is 1-based.

It is really hard to use current Animation Editor, so I can only advice to carefully prepare sprites in (for example) TGF editor and then paste frame by frame. One mistake and everything must be done from beginning :(.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Seems to be working for me. Are you using quotes around the animation name when setting the animation?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm able to set animations properly as well, but yeah, we definitely need the animation editor fleshed out a little more.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:31 am

Yeah like for example my code is similar to this:

1 If private variable "moving" = 1
Set animation to "walking"
2 If private variable "moving" <> 1
Set animation to "Default"

And all I ever get is default, even when "moving" = 1.
Am I supposed to set the animation AND play it? cause if I do the same thing happens...

Hmm I just tried what I put there, if I put a trigger once while true event in it seems to work. FINALLY, perhaps it was constantly playing the animation from frame 1 and before frame 1 was finished it had restarted the animation and my frame 1 of walking was the same as frame 1 default...
I guess that explains it!
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic