Animations

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 am

[quote="Ashley":3i3gedbu]I think David found some bugs in the animation system (including looping) which ought to be fixed for the next build... also, I'm not convinced the platform movement should push-up when the object intersects a solid - it was probably done quickly a while ago to fix some hanging bugs. I guess ideally it should push-out in the direction it came from.[/quote:3i3gedbu]

One other request I have is, if a platform object collides with a "wall" for example... can you add something in there that can make the animation "stop" instead of insisting on playing? For example my characters running animation will continue to try and play if I keep trying to run into a wall, though it seems to slow the animation down to super slow. It would be nice if we could select a default animation sequence on colliding with a wall... I tried setting the animation to something else, and that seemed to "lock up" other animations yet again.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":3tz9b6pe]One other request I have is, if a platform object collides with a "wall" for example... can you add something in there that can make the animation "stop" instead of insisting on playing?l[/quote:3tz9b6pe]

Heh, I'm going to cover this in my tutorial, under the intro to detectors :P

If you have left/right detectors attached to your platform object then you can shut off the animation when one is intersecting the wall.

Alternately, if you don't want to use detectors, you could do it by checking if the x coordinate is the same as it was the previous frame. So like, if the player is pushing the run key but the character isn't moving... well, you get the idea ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 am

I am such a focking noob when it comes to platform games D:

I'm glad you are here to save me deadeye! xD

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic