Animator Problems... new user, sorry

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 pm

I was really hoping to avoid having to make a help request in my first week of learning this engine, let alone my first day. Apologies in advance for what is probably a stupid problem with a simple solution :roll:

In this video ([url:1gbafo5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H4KHhJs3ss[/url:1gbafo5k]) at around the 41 second mark an object is selected and at the same time it appears in the Animator bar on the right hand side. From there, he explains how to use that bar to create a collision mask. Looks simple enough.

The problem I have is that nothing appears in my Animator bar when I select an object (in this case, a tree). Here's a screenie if it helps illustrate the problem. Hopefully it highlights where I'm going wrong too. [url:1gbafo5k]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/darkstorne/AnimatorIssue.jpg[/url:1gbafo5k]

Apologies for the simple question! I have completed a couple of basic tuts including the recommended Ghost Shooter, but the Animator bar was never used in them. Thanks for reading :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 am

I am not sure what is going wrong there.

However, if you are wanting to have just the trunk of your tree have collisions, a good way to do that is to make the bottom piece of trunk as a separate object, with collisions, then using events create the top part of the tree(with no collisions) on top. Using events means you don't need to stuff around trying to line everything up each time you want to change something.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks for offering a work-around, it's definitely worth remembering. But if the Animator bar isn't working I'd like to try to figure out why, and how to fix it. I'm sure I'll need it in the future!

Any ideas why it isn't showing up properly? Anyone?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

Try clicking on "Angle: 0 (Right)" on the animator toolbar. That works for me.

-cheers
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

[quote="R0J0hound":3g22xdy5]Try clicking on "Angle: 0 (Right)" on the animator toolbar. That works for me.

-cheers[/quote:3g22xdy5]
There we go, the simple fix I was expecting :lol:

Thanks for the help R0J0, and thanks again for the event tip Steven. Much appreciated!
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic