Announcement PR wreck so far...

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am

Tom wrote:Don't think it's some sort of joke, we're reading everyone's comments. We took the decision to just be upfront as we could about pricing. Perhaps it would of been better or worse if we did it the other way round, who knows. It is what it is.


Ok...arrogance now...neat!
Suicidal [email protected]?
B
64
S
17
G
10
Posts: 13
Reputation: 9,695

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:52 am

Tom wrote:
newt wrote:Nah, the fallout would have been far worse if they had waited to announce these exact features.
This way they don't have to worry about the users who wouldn't have paid for the new scheme anyways.
Now all they have to do is build up the value of C3, hence the trickle of information.


That was our thinking!


Ok, it's time to work to change the situation. There many anti-hype here, and is completely your fault. This are, in my opinion, your sins:

1.- You ignored COMPLETELY the wishes of your community for TWO YEARS.
2.- Over the develop time there was NO COMMUNICATION of the progress or the software specs.
3.- When you decide to show information, you take a complete wrong way to do it.
4.- No communication about your oficial position, in view of the storm that you have unleashed. And no, nothing is going to change with a picture of C3 in action.

We're still waiting you @Ashley and @Tom, because deep inside we still believe in you and your work, but you are walking the tightrope
B
8
Posts: 17
Reputation: 418

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:51 am

ferenzcy wrote:
Tom wrote:
newt wrote:Nah, the fallout would have been far worse if they had waited to announce these exact features.
This way they don't have to worry about the users who wouldn't have paid for the new scheme anyways.
Now all they have to do is build up the value of C3, hence the trickle of information.


That was our thinking!


Ok, it's time to work to change the situation. There many anti-hype here, and is completely your fault. This are, in my opinion, your sins:

1.- You ignored COMPLETELY the wishes of your community for TWO YEARS.
2.- Over the develop time there was NO COMMUNICATION of the progress or the software specs.
3.- When you decide to show information, you take a complete wrong way to do it.
4.- No communication about your oficial position, in view of the storm that you have unleashed. And no, nothing is going to change with a picture of C3 in action.

We're still waiting you @Ashley and @Tom, because deep inside we still believe in you and your work, but you are walking the tightrope


Cut the salts please. The only big wish from Construct 2 was the same old request for a native export? Read this blog in your wake and in your sleep: https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/28/t ... ve-engines

2. There was always communication from them, they even apologise for a silent time but you still have C2 to work on. It is just your patience that is missing. They choose when to release and the how, not you. Why is teasing you and with communication all over the forum wrong?

3. This is the best approach to it. As of all the replies from the founders. Any other ways will have cons too and you will still hop on the nagging bandwagon.

4. Its just less than 24 hours after the first announcement. What is going to change is your presence in this forum!

Ffs I wouldn't want to curse just so I won't get banned. I feel the guys at Scirra trying to work as hard on their releases... give them time to explain all. Again, they read the comments ffs!

Edit: I'm not talking specifically @ferenzcy but the salty rests in this thread. I"M LOOKING AT YOU @uboel
B
40
S
9
G
5
Posts: 177
Reputation: 6,795

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:10 am

Tom wrote:
newt wrote:Nah, the fallout would have been far worse if they had waited to announce these exact features.
This way they don't have to worry about the users who wouldn't have paid for the new scheme anyways.
Now all they have to do is build up the value of C3, hence the trickle of information.


That was our thinking!

Why are you guys only responding to positive comments?

We, those who think this was stupid, aren't here to crucify you guys. We're here because your near perfect product got us here and seeing you mess up so flowers much genuinely sucks because we wanted C3 to be awesome!

To see why we think it was a stupid idea, take the example of the game "Evolve" now called "Evolve stage 2". They hyped it up by saying it's the future of FPS's or something along the lines.
Thing is, they posted all the dlc information (including price) before even showing a trailer for the game, showing what their really after. And of course, there was an uproar from the community.
It's now called "Evolve stage 2" and they converted it into a F2P because of the very few sales. (If you are interested, watch the jimquisition on it, it's a good episode)

You have done here exactly the same thing. And we don't want you to. We know you can and have done better than this.

Also, @newt the value should've been already there, on the first line of the post.
Last edited by TRMG on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
B
27
S
9
G
7
Posts: 229
Reputation: 5,493

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:12 am

Tom wrote:
newt wrote:Nah, the fallout would have been far worse if they had waited to announce these exact features.
This way they don't have to worry about the users who wouldn't have paid for the new scheme anyways.
Now all they have to do is build up the value of C3, hence the trickle of information.


That was our thinking!


:o

I do not like this lack of respect for so many users who supported Scirra

bad very bad :(
CODE FOR FUN
B
22
S
8
G
2
Posts: 74
Reputation: 2,349

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:17 am

We feel it's more respectful to be up-front about pricing from day 1. If we announced the pricing further down the line I think we'd get a lot more criticism. We don't want to hide/bury anything that might be considered controversial.

I'm curious specifically why do you think that's disrespectful?
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
160
S
41
G
34
Posts: 4,386
Reputation: 53,509

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 am

Tom wrote:We feel it's more respectful to be up-front about pricing from day 1. If we announced the pricing further down the line I think we'd get a lot more criticism. We don't want to hide/bury anything that might be considered controversial.

I'm curious specifically why do you think that's disrespectful?

It's because you haven't shown that much of C3, except the stupid pricing method which is ludicrously expensive!
ImageImageImageImage
B
27
S
9
G
7
Posts: 229
Reputation: 5,493

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am

We've got a lot to show today, and over the coming weeks. I understand pricing is a contentious issue for some people.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
160
S
41
G
34
Posts: 4,386
Reputation: 53,509

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:40 am

I cannot understand what is happening on this forum, so much people disappointed in Construct 3 release announcements.

About the subscription model, you can also see it the other way around. With that new model, Scirra will undoubtedly receive more revenue. That mean more resources to continue developing Construct 3 to a new level. Maybe they will decide to create those long requested native exporters because now they have the necessary resources for it.

The subscription price of 99 USD for one year is very fair even for hobbyists. Everybody has to make a living, also the Scirra team needs to support their families.

All those (unnecessary) negative comments are damaging Scirra very much. Is it your intention to harm this small company because you disagree, then continue. On the other side, being positive is so much more powerfull and will surely result in one of the best game creation development environments in the future.

It is not our place to judge Scirra marketing strategy. For your information, we will upgrade to Construct 3 according to Scirra subscription policy because in our humble opinion Construct 2 and in the future 3 is an excellent game creation tool.
B
19
S
6
Posts: 117
Reputation: 1,684

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:42 am

Message: ferenzcy can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Jaydon wrote:
Cut the salts please. The only big wish from Construct 2 was the same old request for a native export? Read this blog in your wake and in your sleep: https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/28/t ... ve-engines

2. There was always communication from them, they even apologise for a silent time but you still have C2 to work on. It is just your patience that is missing. They choose when to release and the how, not you. Why is teasing you and with communication all over the forum wrong?

3. This is the best approach to it. As of all the replies from the founders. Any other ways will have cons too and you will still hop on the nagging bandwagon.

4. Its just less than 24 hours after the first announcement. What is going to change is your presence in this forum!

Ffs I wouldn't want to curse just so I won't get banned. I feel the guys at Scirra trying to work as hard on their releases... give them time to explain all. Again, they read the comments ffs!

Edit: I'm not talking specifically @ferenzcy but the salty rests in this thread. I"M LOOKING AT YOU @uboel


Dear @Jaydon. At first at all, I tried always to be as polite as I can. You're so rude with me and you don't know me, so relax.
Now I will answer you:
1.- My post is MY OPINION and the target was @Tom, not you or any other that take the flag of Scirra company.
2.- I'm more than two years waiting to buy Construct 3 (I'm playing with Unity, Gamemaker, Godot, but I always prefer Construct 2 and when I hear of Construct 3, I decided to buy it), so don't ask me to take patience because I've got the patience that I want to, not the patience that you tell me that I have.
3.- This is an evidence.
4.- I agree that 24h it's a short lapse of time.... if all was normal, but 1480 posts in less than this time and the most of them with critics to the ONLY TWO THINGS THAT THEY TELL TO THE COMMUNITY is sufficent reason to ask @Tom of @Ashley for THEIR OFFICIAL POSITION.

Sorry in advance if anyone has felt attacked by my opinion, and one more time, @jaydon try to be polite with people you don't know and they only tell their opinion.

Greetings.
B
8
Posts: 17
Reputation: 418

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: klabundee, luckyrawatlucky, Tracywillis1 and 0 guests