Announcement PR wreck so far...

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Tom wrote:- When your subscription ends, you have full access until the date your next billing was meant to be taken
- Free edition will be able to open any project in read-only mode.
- Exported games will not be affected in any way at all
- Your assets are yours, you can save them locally or in the cloud - up to you. We would never hold your exported game or game assets hostage.
- Details about checks are not something we talk about too openly for obvious reasons, but we've always focused on making it invisible and painless for legitimate customers. We're confident there's not going to be any issues for anyone.

I think if we could retain full access to the Editor to modify our projects after the initial subscription period and keep the same export options as the free edition (i.e. Web and Scirra Arcade), that would help alleviate some of the concerns of hobbyists.

Basically when the subscription ends, all you lose is the extra export options (iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.) and if you need those you pay an Annual Export License fee (subscription in a more acceptable guise) to give you 12 months access to all export options.

This way only those who will use the Cloud Compilers the most will pay for them. You could even limit the free/post-subscription export options to once per day so they aren't overused.

You could probably even get away with charging more for the first year if this was the case:
Initial Payment $149 = Lifetime access to full features of Editor + 1 year Export License
Further Payments $99 = 1 year Export License
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:03 pm

OddConfection wrote:You could probably even get away with charging more for the first year if this was the case:
Initial Payment $149 = Lifetime access to full features of Editor + 1 year Export License
Further Payments $99 = 1 year Export License

Very nice idea!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Tom wrote:Ah right I can see why people thought I was being a bit rude, in my haste I overlooked the second line in Newt's post! My apologies, all I meant to agree with was the opinion that it would of been worse if we did it the other way around.

Ok..."apologies" accepted! ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 pm

TodaysTuts wrote:you should have given us the bad news up front like you did, AND give some features that people can get excited about. Even one major feature.

We did! It runs in the browser. That's a huge feature. Maybe some people are sceptical, but it works beautifully. You can't get the feel of it from screenshots, you'll just have to wait for the public beta.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Ashley wrote:
TodaysTuts wrote:you should have given us the bad news up front like you did, AND give some features that people can get excited about. Even one major feature.

We did! It runs in the browser. That's a huge feature. Maybe some people are sceptical, but it works beautifully. You can't get the feel of it from screenshots, you'll just have to wait for the public beta.

I love it. I can work on my project at work when no-one sees. *sinister laugh* If it can do pretty much what C2 does at the moment I'm sold. The only thing i'm hoping for is for it to run well on edge, as I'm not a big fan of chrome, but no biggie for now.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Ashley wrote:

I really think that the majority of C2 users, don't care if it runs in a browser or not
- from what I've seen in wishlist posts and on the forums.
You say that "Maybe some people are skeptical" but i think you mean "most"
That's not what we have been asking for years. :(

I know it's a better business model, and probably much easier to maintain. But at least we should have some of the big features we have all requested. (Built-in compiler/wrapper) comes first up in my mind here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Ashley wrote:We did! It runs in the browser. That's a huge feature. Maybe some people are sceptical, but it works beautifully. You can't get the feel of it from screenshots, you'll just have to wait for the public beta.

It's sad that you guys are this out of touch.
I don't see it being browser based as a plus, I see it as a drawback. I would much rather use a standalone program. So no, that feature is not exciting. Nice try, though!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Tom wrote:- When your subscription ends, you have full access until the date your next billing was meant to be taken
- Free edition will be able to open any project in read-only mode.
- Exported games will not be affected in any way at all
- Your assets are yours, you can save them locally or in the cloud - up to you. We would never hold your exported game or game assets hostage.
- Details about checks are not something we talk about too openly for obvious reasons, but we've always focused on making it invisible and painless for legitimate customers. We're confident there's not going to be any issues for anyone.

Thank you for clarifying.
The more I learn about the deal, the more I feel like Lando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

Meanwhile clickteam fusion 3 devs are like
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 8931e5.jpg

I think I will stick with construct 2 and buy a lifetime Fusion 3 license instead of renting construct 3 for a year.
I will also stop using construct after a while, because it is becoming obvious that all the new features will be developed for the rentware version

I am ok with the web interface. The license terms are a deal breaker for me. I wish you guys success regardless
Last edited by blurymind on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 pm

delete.
Last edited by humanescape on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:51 pm

blurymind wrote:The more I learn about the deal, the more I feel like Lando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

Meanwhile clickteam fusion 3 devs are like
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 8931e5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs&t=8s
Image Image Image
B
S